paulwooz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

@paulwooz wrote:

my sim card number  is

891*********************

and my email is ********@gmail.c

my father was born in ****

@paulwooz Please do not post this type of stuff here. No good can come of it since everything you you share here can be seen by anyone with an internet connection, even by those who do not work for Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulwooz wrote:

how come a moderator will not reply to me?

Did you read the replies you've got already above? What exact message is your phone saying when you insert the SIM?

In the upper right corner of this window there's a little envelope icon. Do you see a blob with a number in it? Click on the envelope and then the subject line to see the message.

paulwooz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how come a moderator will not reply to me?

smitty267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Should have said to call the carrier to release the phone so the unlock code for the phone can be entered again... Essentially what they told me I had to do when I got an unlock..so your right essentially not a new code.

@smitty267 wrote:

If an unlock code...Which you can request free of charge from your service provider has been entered incorrectly too many times, most likely from someone googling unlock codes and entering wrong ones. Then the SIM will lock. You will have to call your carrier to get a new code.

Both SIM Network Unlock PUK (for locked phones) and a sim card's secuirty PUK are set in stone. There's no such thing as a "new code".

smitty267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If an unlock code...Which you can request free of charge from your service provider has been entered incorrectly too many times, most likely from someone googling unlock codes and entering wrong ones. Then the SIM will lock. You will have to call your carrier to get a new code.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@paulwooz What is the message?

The following should help to delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. As noted by @Triguy Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you switch from  a previous provider ? if so then you would need to contact them.  If you have a Samsung phone then you can contact them to give you an unlock code.

Samsung is giving unlock codes.   Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page:   http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170 Inform the rep that you would like to unlock your phone and provide the IMEI & Carrier info In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email.  

Need Help? Let's chat.