cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Personal Hotspot

samuelkadolph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've got a data only plan for my iPad (Pro 9.7) and I'm trying to set up a hotspot on it but my iPad won't let me. Pressing the "Set up Personal Hotspot" button brings up a dialog that says "To enable Personal Hotspot on this account, contact TELUS". Has anyone encountered this issue and know how to solve it?

2017-08-07 23.11.55.png2017-08-07 23.11.47.png

18 REPLIES 18

Grahamk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I too am having trouble setting up a hotspot on my Ipad. Message pops up saying contact Telus. Anyone have a fix? 

samuelkadolph

My personal hotspot still doesn't work. So I think my issue was unrelated to the TELUS misconfiguration. I guess I'll have to contact Public Mobile directly.

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i got a call from a Telus tech.

The problem has been confirmed to be a misconfigured rule in their system, and is supposed to have been fixed by now.

I have tested tethering and it works right now, so if you still have a problem, it should be due to something else.

One question remains: why did it take 4 working days to diagnose and fix?

Alexo
I am on 3GB/90 days, and it falls for both Android and iPhone.

edmonch2013
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what is your data plan, I know before(when i use fido)  if your data plan is lower than 1GB, it will not let you enable the hotspot. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I don't believe I've ever changed mine. They might have auto populated when I updated carrier settings, not sure

bryclops
It seems to now be working with APN sp.mb.com. Previously it used to be isp.mb.com

Rockdaddy22
Exactly, seems unrelated to issues other people are experiencing on android today.

samuelkadolph

I'm using sp.mb.com. I've had this problem since I signed up my iPad with Public Mobile so it's unrelated to anyone that's having issues connecting. I have data on my iPad. There's just something wrong with the account or SIM that won't allow tethering.

Rockdaddy22
Personal Hotspot
APN sp.mb.com

Alexo
Can you post your APN settings?

Rockdaddy22
I'm having no issue connecting an iPad to my iPhones hotspot, both on iOS 10.3.3

Alexo
Same issue on Android. Both usb tethering and hotspot stopped working today. I urgently need it to connect to work since I'm traveling. @CS_Agent please look into it!

beetee

I am having the same problem today too. Phone gets connected fine, but no internet. 

bryclops

I seem to be having a problem today as well when I'm trying to do a hotspot to a phone that doesn't have data.  I have had no problems before.

Send a msg to mod
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Public-Mobile-data-plan-and-iPad-comp...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

samuelkadolph

Unfortunately I've already read that and tried all of the fixes listed. My problem isn't with getting data but seems to be an issue with Public Mobile/the sim in that it shows as tethering is disabled. I've tried reset network settings, changing the APN, and manual network selection: same message.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Need Help? Let's chat.