cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i had to switch phone due to water damage and now being asked for 8 digit network pin

janekeyz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help i had to put the sim card into an old Htc ONE phone and now getting this request to enter a 8 digit pin for sim network?

6 REPLIES 6

Kerrems
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible you set a pin for your Sim card??

I set up mine so when someone removes the Sim from my phone and put it in another phone, it asks for the pin I set up. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@janekeyz  The HTC One is an older model, so even it's locked to a carrier such as T-Mobile, unlock codes are usually very inexpensive from sellers on ebay.

"Inexpensive" = about $0.99 to $1.75 for this phone ... with no costs or delays for shipping/etc. The vendor would probably email you the code within an hour.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=htc+one+unlock+code&_sacat=0

@sunflowershine wrote:

@janekeyz Probably your old phone is a locked phone. You need to contact your previous service provider to get the phone unlocked.

@janekeyz  The HTC One is an older model, so even it's locked to a carrier such as T-Mobile, unlock codes are usually very inexpensive from sellers on ebay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@janekeyz wrote:

Please help i had to put the sim card into an old Htc ONE phone and now getting this request to enter a 8 digit pin for sim network?

Sounds like the old HTC is locked to the old provider. If it wasn't Rogers then they should provide it to you by law.

Edit: jumpin'

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@janekeyz 

It is likely that your old phone is locked to previous carrier.  You can contact previous carrier to get the unlock code for free. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@janekeyz Probably your old phone is a locked phone. You need to contact your previous service provider to get the phone unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.