cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*Solved* No internet on Galaxy s9+

Hi!

Phone is not displaying lte/4g icon. Can only connect to wifi. Logged in to check my data allowance and i still have PLENTY. I checked the apn settings, then followed the steps to add one, no luck. I feel like this strted after the last sytem update  about a week ago. Any help appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Oracle

Re: No internet on Galaxy s9+

@willdagr8 

You could try to put SIM card in another working phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Also, could try network reset.  

[Today's solution to this issue highlighted ........ Luddite]

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  As a last resort you might need to do a factory reset.

Mayor / Maire

@willdagr8  did your plan renew recently? Your service may not have reset properly, try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Mayor / Maire

@willdagr8 

What all works...calls in/out, texts in/out, what about MMS?

Literally everything this is working fine. 

Text messages are fine,but cant send or receive pictures. Local and long distance calls both sending and receiving works fine. Just no mobile internet. 

Also phone has been turned off and on. Phone has been set to airplane mode and then back. I am looking for the key to get the sim out, but seems like a network glitch to me.

Mayor / Maire

@willdagr8  please check to see if you may have inadvertantly turned data off. If it is, enable it, restart your phone and try to surf and send mms. Thanks.

Where can i check this?

Mayor / Maire

@willdagr8 

Right. No MMS also means no data.

You did say something about a system update. That's not on Public Mobile.

Check your network connection. Look for LTE or WCDMA or HSDPA or UMTS or 4G or 3G.

It's almost certainly something in the APN.

This is not great advice.

Mayor / Maire

@willdagr8 

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
     These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings > Connections > Data usage.
  3. Tap the Mobile data switch to turn on 

or off 

4. If prompted, tap Turn Off to confirm
Need Help? Let's chat.