cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Accessing Network via Umidigi A15

Yettiman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I require some help from the community of (hopefully) smarter than I - good folks here 😁. My Umidigi A15 C is being a huge pain in my rear. I checked beforehand and multiple sources said this phone was completely compatible with Public Mobile. I have had Public Mobile on other devices, including another Chinese phone with few issues. This should be (hopefully) the same in the end after we solve the problem. My phone with my Public Mobile SIM card will easily access the Internet and do everything I require of it while it's on WiFi. When I stray outside and into the greater city of Edmonton, it has major issues. It won't send texts. It won't always receive calls. Good luck trying to access your bank, Pokemon Go, Twitter, YouTube or Google Maps. That just ain't happening.  Yes, I did search online and I have inputted the correct information into my APN account settings. I got that information online from you folks who solved a similar issue with a slightly older Umidigi phone. I will include screenshots of my situation so that hopefully, someone here might be able to help? 

Screenshot_20231019-202858.png

Screenshot_20231019-202914.png

Screenshot_20231019-202635.png

Screenshot_20231019-202646.png

Screenshot_20231019-202717.png

Screenshot_20231019-202731.png

Screenshot_20231019-202740.png

Screenshot_20231019-202822.png

Screenshot_20231019-202830.png

10 REPLIES 10

Yettiman

You and Dust to dust nailed it! Thanks! I tested the solution out for a few days and so far, it works every **bleep** where just nicely! You guys are both awesome 👍

Yettiman

That was definitely helpful in the solution process.

Yettiman

Technically it was all three. But not anymore. The answers on this thread fixed it good. I wanted to test it out a day or so before coming back to report on the results.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Yettiman 

To clarify, are you mainly having issues with data or with calling and texting when outside your home area?

@Yettiman 

I know someone would bring up APN, but if your data is working, just text and voice the issue, it probably not APN related.  But you can certainly compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Yettiman

Screenshot_20231019-221908.png

Screenshot_20231019-221918.png

Screenshot_20231019-221928.png

Yettiman

Okay, I tried this. I will test it out in the wild and away from wifi networks before testing this in other phones. I have a Samsung A73 to test it on later.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Move the contents from Proxy down to MMSC Proxy.
Experiment with MVNO type = GID
Experiment with MVNO value = 4D

Save the apn. Select the apn. Go in and out of airplane mode. Test data.

Texts might be that you have RCS on. Having cell data might fix that or turn it off.

Calls? Sure, try that 3G setting in preferred network type.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yettiman 

maybe try the sim in a different unlocked phone to see if there's any diff. If you have an old iPhone laying around or maybe a friend can loan you one for a trial.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yettiman 

sound like a problem with the 3G connection.  Change the network mode to 3G and check if the phone connects at all

Need Help? Let's chat.