cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20 - details on compatibility with PM?

Chris4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I'm considering purchasing the Galaxy S20 Ultra outright, and hoping to use on my Public Mobile account. A few questions I thought I'd confirm with the group:

+ Will the phone work on the PM network?

+ I believe the S20 will be 5G enabled - any word on when 5G will be available on PM? I'm assuming it's a long way away, given it'd have to roll out to Telus first, and then flanker brands like PM

+ Any other considerations you'd share if someone were purchasing a Samsung S20 for use on PM?

Thanks all!

6 REPLIES 6

derekb22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How would it work with only 3g streghth tho

Chris4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies all, looks good to go!

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chris4  It's usually a good idea to still ask the kiosk/store to put in a PM test SIM to ensure the phone itself will function properly, because if you discover an issue with the phone (not specs related), there are no refunds with PM

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Chris4 wrote:

Hi all, I'm considering purchasing the Galaxy S20 Ultra outright, and hoping to use on my Public Mobile account. A few questions I thought I'd confirm with the group:

+ Will the phone work on the PM network?

@Chris4  Yes it will.

+ I believe the S20 will be 5G enabled - any word on when 5G will be available on PM? I'm assuming it's a long way away, given it'd have to roll out to Telus first, and then flanker brands like PM

Correct.

+ Any other considerations you'd share if someone were purchasing a Samsung S20 for use on PM?

Make sure the phone is unlocked before purchasing.

Thanks all!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Chris4 

This phone will work with PM. 

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s20_ultra_5g-10040.php

As for 5g, who knows. PM is a lower tier Telus company. It barely has 4G plans at this time. Might be a while before 5G happens with PM. 

No no other issues with this phone working on Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.