cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 APN settings

pboynett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

Just bought a Pixel 2 and wanted to edit APN settings but the edit settings are greyed out and I can't change anything.  The settings don't match what PM has listed so wanted to tweak them. I also don't get the add APN settings option (the plus sign).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

vit100

ok, i have similar problem with asus Zen Max Pro (M1) - there are  default settings for telus and kodo and no way to change them. Also impossible to add new APN, as error pop up: "operator does not allow adding apns of type *".
Looks like glitch with Android 8.1. At least this forum helped: https://www.reddit.com/r/mintsim/comments/78usic/my_pixel_2_is_saying_the_carrier_doesnt_allow/

In short fix (workaround/hack ) was like this:

>>

Just bought a Pixel 2 and wanted to edit APN settings but the edit settings are greyed out and I can't change anything.  The settings don't match what PM has listed so wanted to tweak them. I also don't get the add APN settings option (the plus sign).

-------- And here is answer : ---------------------

If you're still having issues with this, I found a solution that works on my Pixel 2 running Oreo. When you go to create the APN, put all the info from Mint's site in. Instead of tapping Save, back out with the Home (circle) button. When you check your APN list again, it will be saved with the correct settings (if you tap on the APN name to view it, use Home to back out again, otherwise it'll come back up with the error). Select the APN to enable, should work fine. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't believe it's possible to edit the APN settings within the phone.  The configuration file is read only. However, creating new APN settings should be allowed.  

@pboynett Why do you want to add APN settings? On my Pixel 2, I never changed APN settings and everything is working fine. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wrote:

Thanks.  I assume the XL is the same as the regular Pixel when it comes to settings?

I believe all Pixel variations on 8.1 are seeing this (just going by a quick google search on that).

I wonder if it affects Nexus 5X or 6P phones with 8.1 too.

Edit: Had I bothered to read the same thread I linked I see it also affects 5X/6P as well.

pboynett

Thanks.  I assume the XL is the same as the regular Pixel when it comes to settings?

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately this is a known problem, please read:

Pixel XL apn read only?

The link does have a workaround that should help you.

I don't think the @CS_Agent ever responded in that thread so I am tagging here again.

Need Help? Let's chat.