cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not on registered network

AnneCooke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've set up an account, its topped up with $10 additional in credit available for next month. Sim saying not on registered network. I've swapped the sim on the account to see if issue, and in my phone. Still getting not on registered network. Tried sim in both a BLU phone and a Samsung S10. Same issue both devices. Can't get service to work and have already payed for two sims and two months of service.

10 REPLIES 10

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@AnneCooke wrote:

I've set up an account, its topped up with $10 additional in credit available for next month. Sim saying not on registered network. I've swapped the sim on the account to see if issue, and in my phone. Still getting not on registered network. Tried sim in both a BLU phone and a Samsung S10. Same issue both devices. Can't get service to work and have already payed for two sims and two months of service.

If devices are compatible, I agree with others that sim isn't provisoned and something went wrong with activation.  Might be time to send message to Moderator_Team.  What model is your Blu phone?  If you have a friend using Public Mobile, try your sim card in friend's phone.

@AnneCooke, how did you register, and what plan have you selected?  Did you create a self-serve account?

@AnneCooke wrote:

Both phones are supported as I've checked elegibility. Although neither work. I've tried multiple other sims in these phones and they work

The issue seems to be with the sim, however I've swapped it on the account and in my phone 3 times now.

It seems to be an issue with public back end, however there is no one for me to call to fix this, nor is MOD getting back to me. Seems like an endless loop.

Pretty unfortunate.

@AnneCooke  Did you port your number from another provider when you activated your account or did you pick a Public Mobile number?

If it's been more than 48 hours since contacting the moderator team you should send them another message and ask for a status update.

AnneCooke

Both phones are supported as I've checked elegibility. Although neither work. I've tried multiple other sims in these phones and they work

The issue seems to be with the sim, however I've swapped it on the account and in my phone 3 times now.

It seems to be an issue with public back end, however there is no one for me to call to fix this, nor is MOD getting back to me. Seems like an endless loop.

Pretty unfortunate.

medixielee

yes, will try back to old phone

@medixieleeCan you swap your SIM card with a known working phone to see if it is the SIM's (Public Mobile) problem or it is your phone?

medixielee

I have had my account for about 6 months. Now mine is also "cellaur network not available"

Whats up, shows bill is all paid up.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AnneCooke wrote:

Edit:@AnneCooke  Did you port you number from another provider by any chance? If yes, you need to conatct the moderator team asap.

@AnneCooke  So you activated your first sim got the not registered error and then you changed the sim card via online selfserve and you are getting the same error? Are you sure your phone is compatible and not locked? If yes, then you need to contact the moderator team to resolve. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AnneCookeI think it is best for you to contact the Moderators, it might be your account didn't provision the SIM correctly. We are all regular users here and don't have access to the backend machinations of Public Mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you make sure phone wasn't blacklisted ?

Top of page click GetStarted, then Check Compatabilty.

Need Help? Let's chat.