cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

NO SIM

Okay - I signed my son up last night and spent 4 hours trying to figure his phone out, with Bell and Apple - there is nothing wrong with his iPhone - it works when I switch out my SIM and place in his phone.  It pulls my provider up w/o any issues - however, if I switch him SIM into my phone it also doesn't give me an active SIM.  I NEED HELP - - my son goes to school over and hour away from home and with COVID I need to be able to ensure he has the ability to get a hold of me immediately, not to mention I am now paying for a service I cannot use!

Is this a defective SIM or an activation issue on PM end?  PLEASE HELP me!  The customer service is really lacking with this company.  I need to speak with someone and yes I logged tickets last night!  Thank you!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: NO SIM

@ZachsMom hi is your sim a public sim or with another provider? 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ZachsMom wrote:

Okay - I signed my son up last night and spent 4 hours trying to figure his phone out, with Bell and Apple - there is nothing wrong with his iPhone - it works when I switch out my SIM and place in his phone.  It pulls my provider up w/o any issues - however, if I switch him SIM into my phone it also doesn't give me an active SIM.  I NEED HELP - - my son goes to school over and hour away from home and with COVID I need to be able to ensure he has the ability to get a hold of me immediately, not to mention I am now paying for a service I cannot use!

Is this a defective SIM or an activation issue on PM end?  PLEASE HELP me!  The customer service is really lacking with this company.  I need to speak with someone and yes I logged tickets last night!  Thank you!

@ZachsMom hello try a network reset with his sim in the phone 

Highlighted

I have already done this - nothing works.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ZachsMom wrote:

@ZachsMom hi if your sim is with another provider and it works in his phone then his phone is probably locked to the same provider

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you know if the phone is unlocked?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Try the following:

1. sync to iTunes
    1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
    2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
    3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
    4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
    5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
    6. Disconnect and restart. From @Luddite.
  2. Reset your network settings. iPhone preferences, navigate to "General," and then scroll down to the bottom where it says "Reset." Tap that, and then tap "Reset Network Settings. Once done, your phone should restart. If it didn't, restart it. If it worked, re-enter your wifi password if applicable,  Enable data,  sms amd mms to semd and receive from Android phones
Highlighted
Oracle

@ZachsMom  it sounds to me like an activation issue. Did you have any issues  activating? Did you receive the welcome email?  Can you log into selfserve?

There is no call centre, you have already taken the steps needed by contacting the moderator team. 

Highlighted

Yes the phone is unlocked.  It's a newer iPhone and switching to other SIMS works just fine.

Highlighted

I can log into my son's account yes, see everything and it looks fine but nothing on my end with the phone.  I have reset the phone, reset the network connections etc.  Just will not work??