cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia (MMS) Messages are Not Sent

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

Starting from a few days I am unable to send MMS messages. I first thought it was a problem with the recieving end that the messages are not delivered, but now I've tried with several friends and every MMS I send it gives me an error (sometimes afer like one hour) that he message could not be sent. All of the MMS messages show "sending" as status until the failure occurs. 

Do any of you guys encountered this issue? Any suggessions? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cheetah24

Hi everyone, 

Thanks much for all your answers. Today I when through all my APN settings line by line and all of them were fine. Then I installed a different app for sending messages (Google Messenger) and tried to send MMS with it. Still didn't work. Finally I rebooted my phone and it started working again. 🙂 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24, are you able to receive MMS?  If not, then I suspect that APN settings is your problem.  Follow this post to set up your APN.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

If you are able to receive MMS but not send, it could be an app issue.  Try going into the messaging app and clearing cache and data to see if that resolves the problem.  If not, try a different messaging app.

mtfolks

Is this via iMessage? Does it happen when you’re on cellular, wifi, or both?

I have similar problems with iMessage on wifi occasionally. It can be super flaky. 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is your phone an iPhone or Android? (or Windows? Smiley Embarassed)

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had that issue when I first signed up with PM and the problem was with my APN I had a capital letter by accident 

Need Help? Let's chat.