cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Service

Blindman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am legally blind therefore I use siri a lot.  How come I can't raise siri 200 yards from the tower when in a rural community?  My friend sits beside me on the Virgin network and has no issue. 

3 REPLIES 3

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you check in your settings to verify that Siri is turned on? 

Tap SETTINGS icon

Tap SIRI & SEARCH 

Tap button to turn on  "LISTEN FOR HEY SIRI" and turn on PRESS HOME FOR SIRI (so it's neon green) 

After this,  if you say "HEY SIRI" and it doesn't initiate, all you have to do is manually hard press the home button on your ipad or iphone and SIRI will come up.  You have to be close enough to your phone for SIRI to hear it so it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience to press the home button. I hope it's merely a situation that it isn't turned on and that fixes the problem.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Blindman wrote:

I am legally blind therefore I use siri a lot.  How come I can't raise siri 200 yards from the tower when in a rural community?  My friend sits beside me on the Virgin network and has no issue. 

Since it is the same tower my best guesses are:

1. They have a better antenna than you or yours is damaged
  2. You do not have your data turned on
  3. Your APN is not configured and you are not actually connecting to the data network.
  4. You are out of data for the billing cycle.
  5. You have no data left in your plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Blindman  virgin and public use teh same network thus same towers.  It is probably a phone issue not a network issue.

what phone are you using,  can you test your sim in your friends phone?  that would be the ultimate test.

Need Help? Let's chat.