cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent no service (Ottawa)

mcpilotti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Am in Ottawa -- getting Intermittent no service multiple times per day. I find if the SIM is removed and re-insert it works for a period of time.

Do I need a new SIM?

6 REPLIES 6

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone noticed this happening again? I'm just outside city limits but had perfect service when first joining PM, now the past 7-14 days I've noticed my signal meter down to no bars on my new Xiaomi phone, when before it was over 50%, and even better when using an LG K4.

edit: may 31. still hapenning, almost every night around dinner time 5-6pm the signal goes down to zero and hovers there all evening.

I would recommend trying on different phone as well or could be a sim issue as well
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mcpilotti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will try the sim in another phone and see how that goes, phone is up to date (ios 10)

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I am in Ottawa as well and I haven't noticed anything like this. Only happened at the first month and it was mostly my fault . I was messing around with the phone's software.

@mcpilotti, did you have these issues with your previous provider?  Phone is all up to date with it's OS?  It maybe a fualty sim do you have another phone you could try the sim out in?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mcpilotti Are you in the same area as you normally are... an area that normally works fine?

I would try:

- restarting your phone

- cleaning the SIM (I think you have that covered)

- trying a different phone out

- checking in with a MOD

Hope you get workin again soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.