cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would PM consider to be out of the province to make/receive calls in Gatineau, QC for an ON plan?

gosamburu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

...for someone living in ottawa.

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

RedEyz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@gosamburu wrote:

just an update...

I got my sim, ported my number, went to gatineau QC and was able to make a call to an ottawa ON number on an ON provincial plan.  So it looks like NCR is considered to be a local zone.

how deep into QC were you. is it possible you were still connected to a Bellus tower that resides on the 613 side of the river?

i'm losing it reading all this conflicting data.

quite honestly, i think the best option is to grab 400 LD minutes and use Google Hangouts Dialer for out of province and International outgoing (hopefully on WiFi the majority of the time) calls, but have those 400 minutes which essentially roll-over infinitely for any incoming, and sparsely for outgoing if it's truly needed. that 400 minutes would likely last me years.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Yes Thank you nothing beats a hands on experience.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Now if anybody else asks the same question we have undeniable proof!

Thanks for coming back to update us.

gosamburu

just an update...

I got my sim, ported my number, went to gatineau QC and was able to make a call to an ottawa ON number on an ON provincial plan.  So it looks like NCR is considered to be a local zone.

DK

Maybe one of the PM mods can chime in...

@Jeremy_M, @Moid_I, @mansi_g

gosamburu

I will... if i decide to take the risk and port my number to PM.

Thanks for the help. 

DK
I'm with @Cyber. Try it and report back. Either it works or doesn't.

@gosamburu,

You can try and see. Let us know your results.

gosamburu

Ottawa-Gatineau is essentially a city overlapping the ON/QC border.  Most other brands treat it as 1 local calling area, as many people cross the border during their daily commute.

Its unfortunate that PM is treating this as long distance. 

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@gosamburu,

You can also upgrade to a "Canada-Wide" plan to make and receive calls anywhere in Canada.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you have an Ontario plan, and you travel to QC, you will be able to make calls to QC numbers, but will be unable to receive calls from ON, QC, or any other location.

To receive calls on an Ontario plan while in Québec, you will need to purchase a Canada/USA add-on.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.