cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working after upgrading to Android 10

lokkuroku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data stops working after upgrading my phone to Android 10. I have a OnePlus 6T. I've tried going into Settings and changed the APN to Public Mobile, but no luck.

12 REPLIES 12

lokkuroku

Just an update to all those who have so kindly tried to help me and those who are following this post:

My plan was renewed today and guess what, data is back on. I still had ~100 MB left and about 1.5 GB bonus data on my account so pretty sure it was not because I ran out of data. Anyway everything's good now.

lokkuroku

Thanks but it still doesn't work. Anyhow I'll go to the PM booth at my nearest mall and also turn to OnePlus forum to see if there are any ways to solve it.

Will keep everyone posted. Thank you.

@lokkuroku  Change MVNO type to GID and MVNO value to 4D4F.

lokkuroku

Restoring to default settings would give me those APNs, and Telus is selected as default. I didn't manually create PM APN. None of the APNs would give me data.

It's so frustrating, but thanks for all the help so far. Great PM community.

@lokkuroku wrote:

I was turning on and off the data /wifi/airplane mode. Nope. Even if it's on the data does not work. Apparently it is an known issue with Android 10 as I've found other posts on Google about phones unable to connect to data after upgrading to Android 10.

Just curious to see if anyone has had similar issues and someone got it fixed.

It's still not working?  I thought that switching it from Telus would fix the data. You could try removing the APN and re-add it.

@lokkuroku I assume you have created the PM APN yourself, which is fine. But I wonder if the setup of Android 10 made changes to your apns and your phones ability to select them. I would start by "Restoring default connections" in APN settings and see what you are left with. Then I'd add the Public Mobile APN again and if possible remove the other ones (Telus/Koodo). 

If you're not able to remove the others, just select the PM APN as you have done and see if this works. It may be a little work (for nothing) but it's the only possible solution I can see.

@lokkuroku wrote:

I was turning on and off the data /wifi/airplane mode. Nope. Even if it's on the data does not work. Apparently it is an known issue with Android 10 as I've found other posts on Google about phones unable to connect to data after upgrading to Android 10.

I would only recommend to go to your closest PM store and ask a seller there to check your device. I had same issue when I bought PM sim card for my Android 10 device, but the seller somehow enabled data for me on it.

lokkuroku

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I see the mobile data toggle off.  Is that why data is not working?

@lokkuroku great to hear it was a simple fix

lokkuroku

Screenshot_20191225-200749.jpg

Screenshot_20191225-200757.jpg

Screenshot_20191225-200803.jpg

Screenshot_20191225-200808.jpg

After upgrading it changed my APN to Telus. I don't remember what it was before upgrading but none of the APNs work for me. The access point settings are for Public Mobile. Thanks!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@lokkuroku wrote:

My data stops working after upgrading my phone to Android 10. I have a OnePlus 6T. I've tried going into Settings and changed the APN to Public Mobile, but no luck.

The update could have introduced a mistake in the settings. Can you show a screenshot of settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.