Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block number

Tee1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you block a number from calling and leaving voicemail

7 REPLIES 7

Lol so many people still saying it cant be done when @Triguy quoted my previously posted instructions proving it can with the *67 code. 😉

I hope this info continues to propegate! Cheers, N.

Key point is effectively sending blocked and declines to a dead end instead of your voicemail. Unanswered and calls when off the network continue to flow to voicemail as usual.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tee1 Select it from you call list and then choose "block" or "ignore". Depends on your device. Also, if you want to prevent any spam calls, I would suggest to add your number into Do-not-Call list.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tee1 , the premium brands might be able to implement blocks at the system level.  No such capabilities exist with Public Mobile.  You should be able to program your phone dialer app to reject/block calls.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tee1  You need to block the caller via your dialer app settings.

As for blocking them from leaving a VM you can't unless you change the VM number to a LD or non existent number. Note that this will also disable VM from anyone else leaving you a VM.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a previous post by Nezgar.

Also keep in mind that blocking phone calls on the device merely automatically 'declines' calls as far as the network sees. This triggers the "Busy/Declined" conditional forward, which by default is set to your voicemail. So your nuicanse caller may still be able to annoy you by leaving junk voice messages.

To prevent this, set the "Busy/Declined" conditional forward to a dead-end number. Set a US number for a fast busy/immediate disconnect (since any US number is invalid for forwarding, but can still be configured), or some other entertaining number of your choice.

ie: *67*18085872220# for the hawaii dept of transportation's fax line. (Again, it doesn't actually ever call it)

More entertaining options can be found in a prior post of mine: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwarding-and-...

Reset it back to default voicemail with: ##67# or ##004#

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tee1 you can block it after its left the voicemail, once it shows up on your phone.. If it's bypassing the phone and going straight to voicemail  then I'm calling in @Nezgar  to help you. Stay safe.  Welcome to the community. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tee1 

You will need to block from your phone.  Depends on whether you have an Android or Apple phone.  

Public mobile itself does not block phone numbers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.