cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"cannot verify your credit card" for a german credit card

CCCCommander
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

I have only a German credit card and cannot pay my bills with that online. I'm pretty sure thats because the "province" field I have to fill out, we don't really have this in germany. I'm wondering if there are other solutions for this, my credit card works fine for other canadian online shops.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szymon247 wrote:
Very sorry about that! I didn't realize it did that!

Yeah me neither. It's why I don't let these fora send me a million emails. I just have PM's tell me I have one.

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ute1978 wrote:

EDIT: Sorry I meant @szymon247

@AnonymousMay I ask you a favour? You edited your post a few times. And every time there is an email message if subscribed. I got a ton of them just from you within a few minutes. Before you post a reply can you please double check if it is to your liking? Editing will create a message every time.

pm.PNG

Very sorry about that! I didn't realize it did that!

szymon247

@Anonymous wrote:

Paypal can connect to a bank account. You can use Paypal to buy vouchers online. Problem solved.

For your own economic or philosophical reasons yeah it sucks that you miss out on the easy autopay reward.

Yeah, I can buy vouchers easily, even using foreign cards, the problem is mainly with the additional inconvenience and having to remember about that one additional thing, on top of the autopay rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ute1978 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@szymon247 wrote:

It's a really annoying issue, as there are those of us who are with banks that don't offer Visa debit and don't want credit cards. Non-Canadian debit (or credit) cards work for all online purchases except Public Mobile, so the advice to switch to a bank that does offer those or just get a credit card just isn't reasonable for a single service.

Normally, you can also pay all other bills through direct withdrawals, sometimes even PayPal. None of those things are supported here, unfortunately. 

This was mentioned plenty of times. I'm also not on Autopay due to this.

Paypal can connect to a bank account. You can use Paypal to buy vouchers online. Problem solved.

For your own economic or philosophical reasons yeah it sucks that you miss out on the easy autopay reward.

@AnonymousMay I ask you a favour? You edited your post a few times. And every time there is an email message if subscribed. I got a ton of them just from you within a few minutes. Before you post a reply can you please double check if it is to your liking? Editing will create a message every time.

pm.PNG

Oh my goodness. I didn't know that happened. Yikes. My apologies.

Yeah as I'm typing and then I re-read it it looks good. I post. Then I sit back and admire my work 🙂 and see oh crap a typo or something that could be worded slightly better to lessen ambiguity. I mostly get them before posting but y'know life happens.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

EDIT: Sorry I meant @szymon247

pm.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szymon247 wrote:

It's a really annoying issue, as there are those of us who are with banks that don't offer Visa debit and don't want credit cards. Non-Canadian debit (or credit) cards work for all online purchases except Public Mobile, so the advice to switch to a bank that does offer those or just get a credit card just isn't reasonable for a single service.

Normally, you can also pay all other bills through direct withdrawals, sometimes even PayPal. None of those things are supported here, unfortunately. 

szymon247

It's a really annoying issue, as there are those of us who are with banks that don't offer Visa debit (aka all free bank accounts) and don't want credit cards or new credit cards.

Non-Canadian debit (or credit) cards work for all online purchases except Public Mobile, so the advice to switch to a bank that does offer those or just get a credit card just isn't reasonable for a single service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CCCCommander wrote:

Alright guys, thanks for the replies.

I don't want to top up via external websites, i just go to a store like i've done before.

Yup. Any place that sells gift cards and such would most likely be connected to the system for cell phone top up vouchers. You might have to insist that they look when you get the Homer stare.

CCCCommander
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alright guys, thanks for the replies.

I don't want to top up via external websites, i just go to a store like i've done before.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CCCCommander wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have only a German credit card and cannot pay my bills with that online. I'm pretty sure thats because the "province" field I have to fill out, we don't really have this in germany. I'm wondering if there are other solutions for this, my credit card works fine for other canadian online shops.

Thank you

Willkommen bei Public Mobile. Schön, jemand aus Deutschland dabei zu haben 😉

Unfortunately as mentioned, you cannot use your German credit card for Autopay.

Are you here in Canada with a work permit? Or as a permanent resident? I would open a Canadian bank account (CIBC has one year free bank account and they give you a credit card even though you have no credit)

@CCCCommander wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thank you

It's not a matter of address verification.  Public mobile just doesn't accept international cards, although I believe that I read somewhere that they did start accepting American cards recently.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@CCCCommander You can also visit local retail stores such as London Drugs, Walmart, Shopers Drug Mart, Canadian Tire or Wow mobile to purchase a voucher using your German credit card. You can use that voucher to top up your account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CCCCommander wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thank you

You can use that German credit to buy vouchers from a Dutch company called recharge.com and apply the voucher value to your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.