cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting charged after switching my phone number and provider

Jules1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am very frustrated with Public Mobile, I switched to Public mobile back in November of 2017, and followed all the instructions carefully regarding switching my sim car and installing everything properly. I was never able to send texts or receive calls, and after receiving no help at all from Public Mobile, I finally switched to another provider and had to get a new number because Public Mobile wouldnt release my other one. Ever since November 2017, I have been getting charged $28.25 on my credit card monthly. I am really hoping for a refund and for them to please stop charging me for something I never even go to use!!!!!

15 REPLIES 15

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541 I dont think any credit card lets you dispute a 90+ day charge (since OP said since November)

True, but the OP could still dispute the more recent charges from Public Mobile.  Depending on the card issuer's terms of service, this would probably be along the lines of the wording on the back of statements usually saying that you agree that the charges or account balances are correct if you don't notifiy them of an error within a certain amount of time.

@computergeek541 I dont think any credit card lets you dispute a 90+ day charge (since OP said since November)

You'll have to ask for an exception to normal business policies and contact a moderator to see if you can get Public Mobile to approve a refund for you.

Tehcnially speaking, autopay is a preauthorized payment setup.  If you didn't remove your credit card information from your account and left autopay enabled, that would cause you to continue to be charged as it is an automated process.

Since you took a new number at your new provider, Public Mobile would have continued charging your credit card under the autopay agreement that you had with them. 

Now, to be quite honest, I really have no idea what type of situation occured with your Public Mobile service.  Your main point of debate for making your argument would be that your service never worked.    You could contact your credit card company and ask for a chargeback/transaction dispute on that premise.  However, the fact that you are only saying something about these charges after several months could work against you.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Jules1 it really does sound like you have 2 open accounts

You activated a number with Public (port in it sounds like)

You had some sort of activation glitch (most likely in porting but could be anything really)

You then activated a second number with another provider and took a new phone number (since Public port appears glitched you also could not transfer your number back out)

So unless you go back into your online profile (assuming it is working) it keeps charging your credit card every month/3 months

Do you still have your online account info?

You should send a PM to the @CS_Agent for issues like this

I'd suggest you get Public account fixed and then you can port your old number back out

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

one of the perks of being an Oracle 😉 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@imm1304 how do you edit other peoples post to remove personal info?

Secret Oracle power. Robot wink

Smiley Very Happy  [Luddite says: "You are in our power ..." 🤡]

Secret Oracle power. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jp2 wrote:

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @Jules1, you have to send a private message to @CS_Agent.

Just click this link for your convenience:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I edited your previous post to remove your phone number and PIN as it was visible to everyone. 

Oracle's have this capability

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2

@imm1304 wrote:

Just click this link for your convenience:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I edited your previous post to remove your phone number and PIN as it was visible to everyone. 

imm1304

jp2

This is a public forum don't post personal info we are not employees. Use the instruction we posted to send a private message to the mods. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jules1 wrote:

I am very frustrated with Public Mobile, I switched to Public mobile back in November of 2017, and followed all the instructions carefully regarding switching my sim car and installing everything properly. I was never able to send texts or receive calls, and after receiving no help at all from Public Mobile, I finally switched to another provider and had to get a new number because Public Mobile wouldnt release my other one. Ever since November 2017, I have been getting charged $28.25 on my credit card monthly. I am really hoping for a refund and for them to please stop charging me for something I never even go to use!!!!!

Sorry to hear about this Jules.  I see that you just signed up to the community today and this is your first post.  In the past how did you try and get customer service to get your porting issue fixed?  As the original port didn't go through it probably didn't close out your prior account either.  You will need to message a Moderator to get this looked at but I do know it maybe a hard thing to get a refund.  Especially 5 months later.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.

In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
      • account number
      • date of birth
      • complete address listed on account with postal code
      • email address on account
      • most commonly called number
      • alternate number listed on the account
      • last payment date and amount
      • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jules1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My PM phone number was **********

4 digit pin: **** 

Edited by @imm1304 to remove personal info

imm1304

Hey @Jules1,

Sorry to hear that you had a tough time with PM.

More familiarity with how PM operates could have prevented most of the aggravation.

You can reach out to @CS_Agent via private message and they are very helpful and take care of all issues relating to Public Mobile.

If you still have access to your selfserve account, sign in and disable autopay and delete the card registered with your account.  Thats all you need to do to deactivate your account.. which will happen after 90 days of not topping up.  

What do you mean that PM won't release your number?  That never happens unless your account is suspended due to non payment.  

Also, send a private message to the @CS_Agent right now and get help with regards to the charges.  You will need to provide your public mobile phone number and PIN (if you remember it).  I hope you will be taken care of soon.  

jp2

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we can't help you with refunds or a number release please contact the moderators. 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with you account.
        • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue. 

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time] 
        • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
        • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
        • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.