cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for Credit in Account

pmguy123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to get a refund for the pre-paid funds in my account?  I have $165 in my account which I intended to be applied to future pay periods.

I want to switch to the Koodo $40 / 6GB plan but I don't want to lose my prepaid credits! I understand that there will be a $100 bill credit but I will still be losing $165 in credits and over 2 months of prepaid service.

13 REPLIES 13

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think one of the lessons may be that people should generally avoid having a large positive balance in their accounts.  Either use autopay and keep your account balance at $0, or only add money to your balance right around the time of your renewal date.

@pmguy123wrote:

@JDTwrote:

Try sending a private message to the Moderator Team and explaining your situation.  I think some people have been successful in getting their account credit transferred to Koodo.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Well they responded to my second message.  This time, they are offering to transfer the credit to a family member or friend.  Anyone out there want to buy my $165 credit?  Best offer

That is a pretty fair deal.  Only problem is the building is rather empty right now.  If you don't know anyone and you have to sell the credit, you are going to get dollar for dollar.

pmguy123

@JDTwrote:

Try sending a private message to the Moderator Team and explaining your situation.  I think some people have been successful in getting their account credit transferred to Koodo.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Well they responded to my second message.  This time, they are offering to transfer the credit to a family member or friend.  Anyone out there want to buy my $165 credit?  Best offer

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Let me update everyone on the transfer of funds from the Public Mobile account for migrants.  I asked Public Mobile about stranded funds first.  The answer was a simple no, refer to the terms of service for explanation, no exceptions, don't bother grovelling.  I went through Koodo and was successful.  Recognize that I acted immediately that evening upon receiving the original text prior to the price increase being pulled.  The next day, my case was being worked on and still the price increase was on the table.  I think this may have helped me.  After my success, many have come to me for help.  None have been successful.  The best that Koodo will do is take account funds subtract $100 (no tax adjustment) and transfer that difference. 

A customer service agent called me and read the riot act to me for "misinforming" customers on what they will or will not do for people migrating.  My case was apparently special and won't be repeated.  At this moment, I am considering my options on how to respond to the call which I believe to be harassment.  I did not sign a non disclosure statement concerning my case.  I am under no obligation to stay quiet.  If anyone has suggestions and can guide me on what to do here, I would most grateful.

Since my user experience is no longer applicable, I recommend people to contact Telus and appeal for goodwill.  Recognize that with the price increase removed, the bargaining power is much reduced.  Going to the CCTS is likely a moon shot.  The terms of service provides no protection of account funds in a prepaid service.  The CCTS won't interject a case where the terms of service is applied to the letter even if it is harsh medicine.

Lesson learned for everyone including myself, prepaid service is like a savings account with no withdrawal feature. 

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There appears to be a $100 referral credit you can get as well from what I understand. That would give you $200 for the switchover. 

If you’re intent on making the move that might be the way to go to offset any lost credits. 

@pmguy123

saje_ward

No refunds are possible. Koodo is offering you $100 to offset money you have paid to PM

@pmguy123wrote:

Is it possible to get a refund for the pre-paid funds in my account?  I have $165 in my account which I intended to be applied to future pay periods.

I want to switch to the Koodo $40 / 6GB plan but I don't want to lose my prepaid credits! I understand that there will be a $100 bill credit but I will still be losing $165 in credits and over 2 months of prepaid service.

pmguy123

@mimmowrote:

I would call koodo and see if they will transfer the funds. Pm will not.

@will13am had some success i thinkthin can try asking for his suggestions.

My first call was to Koodo and they said that they can't do it because the $100 credit is an automated process.

I guess I'm staying with PM then

pmguy123

@JDTwrote:

That would be great to transfer my credit to Koodo but I have already contacted the moderators and they said that refunds are not possible and mentionned the $100 bill credit.

I guess I'm staying with PM

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would call koodo and see if they will transfer the funds. Pm will not.

@will13am had some success i thinkthin can try asking for his suggestions.

pmguy123

And the $100 credit will not offset my loss - I'll still be at a loss of aproximately $150 even after the Koodo bill credit.

JDT

pmguy123

I understand why they would not refund the service I already paid for, but I have credit in my account that I have not even used yet!

Is it possible to escalate this?

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately, refunds are not possible with PM (or any other prepaid phone provider).  The $100 credit for switching to Koodo is supposed to help offset your loss.

Need Help? Let's chat.