cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got PM text mesg to "make an update to ensure uninterrupted service"

John46
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But there's no indication of what needs to be updated. 

Since I recently got a credit card with a new expiry date and new CVV, it's almost certainly those fields that need to be updated. 

But there's no way to directly update those fields - so I went through the process to add a new credit card using my old CC number and the new expiry date and new CVV.  Is that sufficient?

7 REPLIES 7

@John46 

You should go buy a lottery ticket after getting that text.

@AE_Collector 

This text is extremely YMMV. There was a point that 6/8 accounts that I manage were all on the same Kellogg visa/gift card. Only one got the text. Only two still have that expired card still on their accounts.

@BlueB 

Excellent suggestion.

That is the first time I have heard of them sending a “Credit Card Expiring Soon” type message. If it is new that is an improvement to lower the number of people here irate about no service that turns out to be their expired credit card. Now a simple Credit Card Expiry Date Update field and we can officially call it am improvement to the customer experience!

AE_Collector

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@John46 

It should work okay now, but knowing Public Mobile and their wonderful glitches, here's one additional idea: Do a manual top up of $1 to ensure that the system picks up and links to your credit card okay.  Then going forward other charges should work too.  🙂

@John46   yes I agree about the lack of true "update" option

but it's good I see PM reminder people about credit card expiring, except it should be more obvious.  Not sure what's wrong to say it out loud "Your credit card is EXPIRING!!"   (haha.. i hope the email you got was legitimate and not spam  :))

John46
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did that shortly before your message.  I expect that it will work.  For a number of other accounts that get charged directly to my credit card each month, I visited those sites and was able to specifically update the expiry date and the CVV number.  "Replace this credit card" is not an intuitively obvious click to update an existing number is it!  Thanks.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@John46 

Likely what you've done will be sufficient, however, you can update your credit card via the "Manage" link, or even Remove + Add credit card to be extra safe.  Great instructions from @softech and I'd follow that, especially the last one about logging in directly as opposed to clicking on a potentially dangerous link!  🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @John46 

Yes, there is really no "Update" field to existing credit card, you need to use the Replace card option to pretty much "add new" card

-----------

To update CC info, logon to MY Account->Payment, Manage my card at the bottom and then Replace this Credit Card

MyAccount-Update_CreditCard.png

Since the email didn't indicate what field to update, just in case, do not use any link on the email.  Instead use the direct link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.