cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend referral $10 discount post date changed - from next day to next cycle renew data

cmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I'm not the first one who mention this. please let me know and I'll remove this post. Thanks.

Anybody read the fine print by Public Mobile after you activated a new sim card?  Just a head up for someone who don't know it 😉

"Note: The customer’s $10 friend referral discount will be applied to the account starting on your next cycle renewal date".

renew data.JPG

17 REPLIES 17

cmobile

He got $10 through moderator (been waiting 1 week and no luck, twice of 72 hours).  The referral code he used is from Quebec while he's in PEI. It shouldn't matter.  Anyway, moderator added $10 instantly after he showed the evidence. 

I hope his case is just coincidence. 

cmobile

Let us know. The person who was referred didn't see $10 after 72 hours and that's why I post here . If more and more cases happened, the rule may been changed.  Will see. 

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes we got the $1 message on the 7th(activated on the 6th), earlier than the $10, I am down to $2 monthly payment, very happy

Wow.. not bad.. did you get the text from PM telling you a friend you referred joined?   I have this text occasionally.  But lately, this text seems to be more reliable.

yackinlyn

update : referred a friend on 6th, he got 10 dollar less than 24 hours(midnight on 7th)

@computergeek541 

Thanks for letting me. While that doesn't mean much, I haven't seen it mentioned in the community... Sorry for thread hijacking! On my way out.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I've always had the list of rewards and the "renewal successful" in separate texts. Both of them would arrive at around 9am PT. 

On my renewal earlier this week I got the "renewal successful" at 9am, then at 9pm the same day I got the rewards list... 🤔

Public Mobile has been informed and is aware of this issue. Customers should not be receiving text messages from the carrier at 9pm Pacific time which would be midnight (eastern) , or even 1:30am in Newfoundland and Labrador.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@softech wrote:

oh, in this case, it is possible the wording means the new customer would be using the $10 in the next cycle renewal date then.

The "wording" has always had issues here. I have pointed out wording about the same thing in two places...both...one conflicting the other. 

Also today my account renewed and the text did NOT show where the payments came from .... like $2 auto pay, $1 loyalty etc. 

So much inconsistency! Poor wording only causes more payroll to keep MODs unnecessarily busy. I don't get it. 

@LurganIeUk 

I've always had the list of rewards and the "renewal successful" in separate texts. Both of them would arrive at around 9am PT. 

On my renewal earlier this week I got the "renewal successful" at 9am, then at 9pm the same day I got the rewards list... 🤔

yackinlyn

yes, i saw mine already, but he did not see his 10 yet

@yackinlyn wrote:

I referred one yesterday, already saw my $1, but didnot see $10 credit yet, we'll see if that happens in 72 hours

@yackinlyn    Just to clarify, only your friend who you referred will get the one time $10 credit within the 72 hours and you only get the ongoing $1/30 days as long as your friend has an active account with PM.

@softech wrote:

oh, in this case, it is possible the wording means the new customer would be using the $10 in the next cycle renewal date then.

The "wording" has always had issues here. I have pointed out wording about the same thing in two places...both...one conflicting the other. 

Also today my account renewed and the text did NOT show where the payments came from .... like $2 auto pay, $1 loyalty etc. 

So much inconsistency! Poor wording only causes more payroll to keep MODs unnecessarily busy. I don't get it. 

@yackinlyn  yeah. let us know... or worst case, after 72 hours and your friend not see the $10, ask your friend to open ticket with mod.  If mod put the $10 back quickly , then the wording change  might not mean much..

yackinlyn

I referred one yesterday, already saw my $1, but didnot see $10 credit yet, we'll see if that happens in 72 hours

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cmobile wrote:

If I'm not the first one who mention this. please let me know and I'll remove this post. Thanks.

Anybody read the fine print by Public Mobile after you activated a new sim card?  Just a head up for someone who don't know it 😉

"Note: The customer’s $10 friend referral discount will be applied to the account starting on your next cycle renewal date".

renew data.JPG

@cmobile 

Yeah, I read that as, the new customer will have $10 deducted of their FIRST RENEWAL (not the activation payment), so their 2nd 30-day cycle their payment will be deducted by that $10.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@cmobile That's been always the same. Their systems cannot apply any discount during activation. The AutoPay reward $2 also applies as a credit. You will pay the full price for the first 30 days. 

EDIT: I read it the wrong way. I expect the credit will apply before the 1st renewal date. Making customers wait 30+ days is too long wait time. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Will have to see if any new customer can confirm.   PM used to load the $10 into the account within 72 hours.  So, with the change it words, it will load the $10 a month later?

Need Help? Let's chat.