Did you mean: 

Credit card issues

Tammypage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to pay my boyfriend‘a phone with a new credit card

6 REPLIES 6

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Tammypage, okay, maybe call me cynical but I wouldn't add your credit card to your boyfriend's account.

What if the two of you break up? And your credit card is still part of his account. You won't have access to his Public Mobile, and nor will Public Mobile do anything. Your boyfriend would need to Manage the Card and remove it from his account.  He can be a total jerk, and not do anything, and well, you could be paying his cell phone for a few years!

I know, I know, you love the man. He is my everything. When it comes to finances, this can be a deal-breaker. I wouldn't pay for his phone. If he is that cheap, and can't even pay his cell phone bill, then he is most definitely not taking care of you. I don't care if he says he is laid-off unless he has been a common-in-law for a year, okay, sure. IF not, and his some boyfriend across the country or some boyfriend you just started dating, No freaking way! 

If your boyfriend can score a six-pack from the liquor store, get some weed from the dealer or medical lab,  buy a new pair of $200 sneakers, I think he can pay for his own **bleep** cell phone plan!

I say this with passion, as my niece got taken in by her boyfriend at the time. He said he couldn't afford to pay his share of the rent. So, she paid it for him. A couple of weeks later, she noticed a new pair of sneakers and asked him about it. He said he bought himself a present which costs him a few hundred. She asks what about the rent? And he said, 'huh?'...guess what she left him, right then and there! 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

buy him a voucher and he can add it himself; many gas stations are open and have them, otherwise recharge.com

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the suggestions have failed perhaps contact the moderators.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")

Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tammypage wrote:

Trying to pay my boyfriend‘a phone with a new credit card

@Tammypage 

If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

2Capture.PNG

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

If you're having trouble registering or updating your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

Hope this helps!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address Exactly as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.