cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice by mistake

GloriaQ14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was charged twice for my bill payment when I look at my TD account activity, but when looking at my payment history on my selfserve it only says I paid once. Is it possible to get that second payment refunded or put as funds in my account?? The money was taken and I can show screenshots

4 REPLIES 4

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Someone_here wrote:

First check with your bank, I have heard more than once of some banks web service (can't remember which one though) that displays - wrongly - the same transaction twice for some time, then it disappears. If you call them they will be able to confirm if it is indeed a double transaction or not.

If they indeed say it was charged twice, then contact the mods by private message (click on this link)!

Further to the comments above, I know that when I check my statements online, sometimes a charge shows twice.  One is the "pending" charge that comes in when the transaction is first recognized but not yet officially posted to my account, while the second is when the transaction is finally posted to the account.  It sometimes take a day or two for the original pending transaction to clear itself.  I wonder if this is the situation you are facing here.

These pending charges are actually very common with credit cards.  I work in IT, and when I supported the credit card interfaces for one of my clients, I saw pending charges like this all the time.

Hope this helps!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You'll have to send a message to the mods and they'll credit your acct.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

First check with your bank, I have heard more than once of some banks web service (can't remember which one though) that displays - wrongly - the same transaction twice for some time, then it disappears. If you call them they will be able to confirm if it is indeed a double transaction or not.

If they indeed say it was charged twice, then contact the mods by private message (click on this link)!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@GloriaQ14 wrote:

I was charged twice for my bill payment when I look at my TD account activity, but when looking at my payment history on my selfserve it only says I paid once. Is it possible to get that second payment refunded or put as funds in my account?? The money was taken and I can show screenshots

Yes, please show the screenshot from your self-serve account payment history and from TD transactions if possible. Be sure to hide personal info. 

Need Help? Let's chat.