cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay for a plan

ilayC1416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm an international student and I Can't pay for a plan since I don't have a Canadian credit/debit card and the stores listed on the website dont have any payment vouchers, I tried 3 stores around Lower Lonsdale in North Vancouver and none of them ever heard of it...

What else can I do?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay

If you scroll down to the bottom to "Where to buy PM payment vouchers" there's a space to enter your postal code to find the nearest location. Inputting North Vancovuer seems to show a few Esso gas stations and other shops.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ilayC1416 Try WOW Mobile: https://www.wowmobile.ca/en/locations/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ilayC1416 I haven't bought one for a while, but try a Shell gas station.  Tell them to enter the code "PBLMBL" (public mobile, but without any vowels EDIT: errr, and the "c"!) into their voucher system.  I can't remember if there's a space or not, so it might be "PBL MBL" but one of those should work. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Worse case scenario, purchase a prepaid mastercard and use that to pay online or get online visa cards from entropay.com for example and use those if you don't think you will be able to get a credit card.

They might not be at the same spot as some other vouchers. At my closest Shoppers some of the better known carriers' vouchers are in the big gift card rack beside the greeting cards, the PM vouchers are in a rack at the photo counter. (I never asked for the logic behind it.)

I found a local variety store near me had them when I first started, and the fellow behind the counter asked me if I was sure I wanted them, as they "aren't very populat".

I had to ensure the fellow I wanted them, then he looked it up, and said, Oh yes... this one...

ilayC1416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried the Shopper's Drug Mart, they have vouchers for any other mobile company besides Public Mobile...

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I do not know what your area is like, however, you can try a "Shopper's Drug Mart" or Canadian Tire gas bar, if they are in your community.

Need Help? Let's chat.