cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place to buy top up vouchers?

superhamster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since we’re all trying to save money I thought I’d ask. If I buy a $10 voucher at London Drugs, does it count as a $10 visit with LD extras? Where is the best place to buy to get the most bang for your buck?

6 REPLIES 6

superhamster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks all for your answers. I’m gonna stick to London Drugs and use my Tangerine MC for 2% cash back, plus LD Extras. This works out to be better than 3% cash back at Loblaws using their World Elite MC.

I haven’t paid for my plan since last November due to referral credits and various promos lol. I’m on autopay as well to get the $2 bonus 👍🏻

@Anonymous wrote:

Canadian Cell Supplies often has specials on vouchers. A few months ago it was 20%. Recently 15%. They also only charge GST outside ON.

Bwahah... CSS is more like "rarely" - maybe once every 30 days or so they send out a sale email, and if you're not quick within 30 minutes they're all gone. 🙂 So I don't bank on it haha.

Best place to get vouchers as calculated by @darlicious is London Drugs + LDExtras if that $10 is your only purchase each day. 🙂

Also, if you have a friend in Alberta you can get them to buy the voucher without PST and send you the PIN. 😉

Another option is Shell - PM Vouchers count for Airmiles for in-store purchases - 1 airmile per $10 to a max of 10 airmiles according to in-store terms I dug up previously.

See previous thread here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Retail-Voucher-Purchases-Points-Eligibility/m-p/498455#M42387

@Anonymous  CCS charges HST in Ontario. Stay safe. 

@superhamster 

Yes they do. If you have a local London drugs  you can just make it a habit go pop in and buy a $10 voucher. The LD Extra coupons are treated like cash so you can redeem them towards pm vouchers as well. They are valid immediately after purchase as are vouchers from SDM, Shell stations and canadian tire gas bars will either have vouchers or a form of instant top up (RIC's  I think?) Vouchers from canadian tire retail ( customer service) take up to 24 hours but generally by the end of their business day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@superhamster wrote:

Since we’re all trying to save money I thought I’d ask. If I buy a $10 voucher at London Drugs, does it count as a $10 visit with LD extras? Where is the best place to buy to get the most bang for your buck?

Canadian Cell Supplies often has specials on vouchers. A few months ago it was 20%. Recently 15%. They also only charge GST outside ON. Not sure if they charge everything in ON. Unfortunately they seem to limit the quantities available either "in stock" or buying at once. I don't know why.

Depending on your provincial taxes, recharge.com could be worthwhile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@superhamster wrote:

With your $10 voucher, you can top up your account or get an add-on of the same value. It's just like cash.

London Drugs is an excellent place to get the vouchers.

The only bad experiences I've heard are from voucher suppliers that take several hours or more before they "activate" the voucher.

@darlicioushas a "voucher catalogue" thread you can get helpful info from.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Need Help? Let's chat.