cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay payment

YUTING
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Sir or Madam

I have set the Autopay and there is a task for my bank account that the pre-authorized payment must exceed $50. Now there's $10 balance in my SIM card and Plan for 30days is $40. And I found add-on need to purchase immediately. So are there some ways to ensure the autopay exceed $50 in the coming bill date.

Thank you.

YUTING

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@YUTING wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam

I have set the Autopay and there is a task for my bank account that the pre-authorized payment must exceed $50. Now there's $10 balance in my SIM card and Plan for 30days is $40. And I found add-on need to purchase immediately. So are there some ways to ensure the autopay exceed $50 in the coming bill date.

Thank you.

YUTING

@YUTING  AutoPay is not a pre-authorized payment so you don't have to worry about the $50 limit. When public renews your plan the charge to your credit card is a regular charge so that limit does not apply.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@YUTING wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you.

YUTING

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your bank account requiring an excess of $50 pre-authorised payment, but I'm assuming you have registered a credit card for the autopay and then the card will automatically be charged on the renewal day, unless you opt to load a voucher into your account, in which case those funds will be used first.  Your bank will not be charged for autopay so minimum or maximum shouldn't apply there.

You can choose to purchase any add-ons you want by logging into your account and in the overview page (half way down), click on 'purchase add-on' , but first make sure you have added enough funds into the account before completing your add-on purchase.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@YUTING wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you.

YUTING

Only you can prevent this. Your card is charged separately for any add ons you purchase so 40 plus tax is all you'll pay on your plan day. 

If you choose a $50 plan in the future say, you'll have to go in before your renewal payment to bring the required payment with tax to below $50.

As I say, on a $40 plan you should be ok.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Only if you buy 50 plan

Add-ons are not purchased automatically

But if you switch to future $50 plan your card will be charged 48+tax which should be over 50.

Just make sure when you make the change that it's postdated, if you make immediate change you will lose the money for your current plan

Edit: My advice is that you register for autopay but you never let it autopay

Couple of days before payment is due you will receive the message that account is due, you should login and maker your payment manually. This way you get your autopay benefits, the autopay below 50 never happens because of you have enough funds on the account the autopay will not happen. And you get to keep your 40 plan

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@YUTINGYou can select manual One Time Payment if you need your balance increased before the roll over date.

Manage AutopayManage Autopay

Need Help? Let's chat.