cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to public mobile

shahriarcmc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using pm for the last 2 months and totally satisfied. my wife is using chatr for the last 4 yrs and now facing severe call drop issues, almost every time. a few days ago I have seen an offer that if I activate within 17th December (maybe I am wrong about my date) I will get I month free plan, that's why I have entered her email id and ordered a sim card online. I checked her mail today and saw that pm sent me a 2gbbonus code, and nothing mentioned about the 1 month bonus offer. received sim card yesterday and have plan to switch to pm next week. Is there anything I need to do before switching from chatr? Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

@shahriarcmc 

To clarify @Triguy 's post:

• Your wife will recieve if you activate online using the same email that you registered for this promotion by December I7th at 11:59:59pm eastern:
  • For $35+plans that use the 2GBBONUS promotion in the promocode box on page 4 of the activation portal 2gb of bonus recurring plan data as long as the rate plan activated on is not changed. The extra 2gb of plan data will be added to the account within 72 hours and will appear on the right side of the overview page under "My Promotions" alongside a data counter and "unlimited" indicating the length of time the promotional data will be available for the customer on a 30 day basis.
  • A $10 bonus referral credit that will be added to the account within 72 hours but usually the next day if you add your referral code in the referral code box on page 4 of the activation portal next to the promocode box.
  • The "More is Merrier" holiday gifts will be automatically added to your wife's account within 7 days of activation.
  • A third month free credit equal to the rate plan activated upon. This will be credited to the account sometime between day 31 and day 60.
  • You will recieve a $1 refer a friend reward that will appear in your rewards immediately after activation. It will be applied to your available funds upon renewal.
  • You will recieve the $30 bonus referral credit in $5 credits for 6 months upon renewal to your available funds starting in January 2022 as long as you maintain an active pm account (as well as the referred friend in this case your wife.)

Troubleshooting the device is not necessary if you already know it's connected to a network which has low signal or spotty service.

@shahriarcmc 

Test your SIM card in your wife's phone. It should only take a couple minutes (and restarts) to confirm that it can connect to the network, dial/answer calls, send/receive texts.

If you (or your wife) wants to keep her existing phone number then you need to do a number port through Public Mobile. Don't initiate it through Chatr or Rogers. Though you do need to keep the Chatr account/service active until the MNP request actually happens, so it's unavoidable to have to pay/waste money towards overlapping services.

If you don't care about the phone number then just activate and pick one from the list of randomly-assigned options. If you had any sort of autopay arrangement with Chatr then be sure to deactivate it and remove your credit card information before the account is terminated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shahriarcmc 

you call drop issues, you can do troubleshoot,

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

the will apply on 3rd month free credit, but for 2GB after 2 to 3 day you will see in your account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@shahriarcmc

As long as you signed up the email before December 1, you should qualify for the Black Friday deal.  Includes 3rd month free credit, 2GB data code (re-occuring).  Will also qualify for the December give away bonuses.  The email reminder did not mention the 3rd month credit.  

Chatr account needs to active before the port.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your wife will need to keep her Chart account active during the port request.  After the port is completed her Chart will be automatically closed.  Your wife can use your referral code and save $30 and you can save $1 for the referral.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.