cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate new SIM card

therealkcon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm a Public Mobile customer for some time and have referred multiple (25) friends and family. I referred my aunt yesterday however I am unable to complete the activation as Public Mobile is stating there's a problem with the credit card. I have now tried 4 different credit cards (both Visa and Mastercard - neither are a Visa Debit) and I am adamant the information is correct. In fact, the first card I tried is the card linked to my Public Mobile account and is also registered to two other accounts with no problem. I've searched the community and saw a few threads about postal code formatting. I've tried A1AA1A, A1A A1A and A1A A1 with no luck. I've also tried using multiple browsers, incognito mode, desktop and mobile with different internet connections.

What's the deal? This is not a good look for Public Mobile when a new customer cannot even activate their service. At this point she is frustrated and thinking about Lucky mobile - I'm sure they'd have no problem taking her money.

Thanks,

therealkcon

12 REPLIES 12

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@therealkcon unfortunately this seems to be a systemic issue with Public Mobile, you will need to talk with customer service to have it cleared up. Not that this is comforting but you are not the first person that has had this exact issue. 

therealkcon

@RossN - Yes for sure. I am in contact with Maria at the Mod_Team and trust I am in good hands. 

Have a nice day.

@therealkcon Hi it’s understandable that you are frustrated doesn’t look good on Public especially since you have activated so many accounts I hope you get it resolved

therealkcon

@esjliv - I've never had a problem with my credit card being accepted by any other merchant online or in store. I've had multiple issues with Public Mobile accepting various cards in the past as have the 25 others I've referred. This card is also registered with my Public Mobile account at this time.

I've reached out to the mod team.

@therealkcon wrote:

@RossN - no worries. I appreciate the help either way but I am adamant it's not an issue on my side. It just puts me in a bad position when I talk about how great Public Mobile is and someone decides to join but then I can't even activate their service. 🤔

@therealkcon ,

I hear ya! But, i am sure there are cliches in most systems (at one time or another). Hopefully, this will go through soon.

Try sending a message to the Moderator_Team: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

therealkcon

@RossN - no worries. I appreciate the help either way but I am adamant it's not an issue on my side. It just puts me in a bad position when I talk about how great Public Mobile is and someone decides to join but then I can't even activate their service. 🤔

@therealkcon Hi yea I did read it I must have fell asleep half way through lol

therealkcon

@RossN - again. Have you read the post? I've tried multiple browsers with incognito. Different desktops. Different mobile devices. Its not an issue on my side.

therealkcon

@esjliv - There is no apartment or unit in the address. Only street number.

therealkcon

@RossN - yes. Have you read my post? I've tried incognito, muitliple browsers on desktop and mobile and a different computer / internet connection. It's not a issue on my side.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @therealkcon ,

Sorry to hear of the frustration that is happening. 😞

FYI - there is no need to include apartment or unit numbers, only street address, postal code. Could this be part of the issue?

If it is not, then you can contact the Moderator_Team, via private message, here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@therealkcon Hello the system can be finicky  have you tried wiping out your cache rebooting your computer and using incognito mode?

Need Help? Let's chat.