cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New SIM activate last night, Still NO SERVICE

Fakejordan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activated two SIM cards at Walmart yesterday @ 6pm. Still no service and can't detect network as of today. Is been over 12 hrs of porting. All the info the rep setup and printed out is correct. Both old Sim Cards with Rogers is already deactivated. Tried restarting the phones too, no go. What's happening?

44 REPLIES 44

Fakejordan

I guess if I go back to the store where I activated the SIM, there is nothing the Rep can do. Only the Mod can do something. All these porting processes are not manual, is all automated. 

My Rogers SIM is no longer active, meaning they have released my number. My number is not with Rogers but not yet with Public Mobile. I can't even to go to another company sign up and get some service? 

ajaykrishnan

Not resolved. On Friday morning I sent a PM to the @CS_Agent. They responded about 14 hours later asking for my PIN, which I provided. That was Friday around 4pm.

Promotions or not, how can it be that Public Mobile messes up a port, leaves me without a working number (and callers thinking my number is disconnected) for 4 days, without any further response? I have been PMing the Mods daily since this started.

Yesterday I went to a WOW mobile store and they were kind enough to try and help by changing my SIM, but it didn't do anything, and they said the best I could expect was a response from Public Mobile "within 48 hours", which, in my case, I would take at this point....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ajaykrishnan wrote:

I have exactly the same issue on a Fido port that I completed on Thursday night (> 72 hours ago) - and my line is STILL inactive and unable to receive or make calls or register on the network. I have tried a friend's Public Mobile SIM that works just fine with my phone, so it's definitely a number porting issue. If a person calls my number, they get an automated message that the number is not activated to accept incoming calls.

It's been days and I don't even have an acknowledgment from the @CS_Agent that there is an issue they are working on. Really not a great start to a new service.

That's surprising - in my experience they've been really responsive. BUT I'm guessing they've been working overtime this past weekend with all the promos going on, including the in-store promo that was Sat-Sun only. Hopefully they get everything fixed and resume normal response rates soon...

Fakejordan

Has PM reached out to you? Was your issue solved? Now I have two inactive SIM cards. 1 OLD Rogers and 1 Public Mobile. Both useless to me right now. 

ajaykrishnan

I have exactly the same issue on a Fido port that I completed on Thursday night (> 72 hours ago) - and my line is STILL inactive and unable to receive or make calls or register on the network. I have tried a friend's Public Mobile SIM that works just fine with my phone, so it's definitely a number porting issue. If a person calls my number, they get an automated message that the number is not activated to accept incoming calls.

It's been days and I don't even have an acknowledgment from the @CS_Agent that there is an issue they are working on. Really not a great start to a new service.

Fakejordan

We waiting and the rep told us it would take 3 hrs to take effect. With the sale going on yesterday, it might take longer as we were told.

@cmatassa wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@cmatassa wrote:

When you inserted the SIM cards at Walmart yesterday, did it show Public Mobile at the top of your phone?

If not, are you sure that you have an "unlocked" phone?  If your phone was locked to Rogers, it will not accept SIMs from other carriers and you will have to get it unlocked for it to work.

When I switched our Samsung phones (one from Rogers, the other from Fido) to Public Mobile, if I restarted the phone with the new SIM card inserted, it prompted me to enter the "SIM network unlock PIN" - which is the "unlock code" that was provided by Rogers/Fido. If you need that and don't have it yet - I got it in about 30 seconds by logging in to my Rogers account and starting a technical support session via chat.

I did not have to do this when I switch my iPhone.  Try removing and re-inserting your SIM cards.  Login to both of your self serve accounts to make sure they are active.

The customer cannot create a self serve account without having the service up and running.  There is a text message that must be received to authenticate account creation. 

cmatassa

@cappaj wrote:

@cmatassa wrote:

When you inserted the SIM cards at Walmart yesterday, did it show Public Mobile at the top of your phone?

If not, are you sure that you have an "unlocked" phone?  If your phone was locked to Rogers, it will not accept SIMs from other carriers and you will have to get it unlocked for it to work.

When I switched our Samsung phones (one from Rogers, the other from Fido) to Public Mobile, if I restarted the phone with the new SIM card inserted, it prompted me to enter the "SIM network unlock PIN" - which is the "unlock code" that was provided by Rogers/Fido. If you need that and don't have it yet - I got it in about 30 seconds by logging in to my Rogers account and starting a technical support session via chat.

I did not have to do this when I switch my iPhone.  Try removing and re-inserting your SIM cards.  Login to both of your self serve accounts to make sure they are active.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Fakejordan, the store should not have left you with an inactive service.  They should have at least checked that everything was in order before you left the store.  There is a good possibility that the port has failed.  Usually that affects calling and text but not data.  Maybe it is the complete catastrophe here.  Anyway, as already suggested, you need to reach out to the moderator team for support.  Please familiarize yourself with this knowledge base article on contacting the moderator team as well as other knowledge base articles covering usage of this service. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

cappaj

@cmatassa wrote:

Fakejordan

There is nothing on the top left of the phone. However, in the lock screen, top left say Unregistered SIM since I insert the new SIM. 

Both phones are unlocked. One is purchased from Rogers and unlocked. Very certain because I've used the phone overseas with other SIM cards. The second phone was purchased directly from the manufacturer and certain is unlock as well. 

cmatassa

Fakejordan

Top of the phone say Unregistered SIM

cmatassa

Thats really odd.  Normally porting takes 3 hours max.  Does it say "No Service" or "No SIM" at the top of your phone?  You may have to send a message to the moderators for this.  Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.