cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port a number over from Bell but they PM to send a request again.

nothatsyou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to port a number over from Bell to PM last night. Bell sent the number a text message saying that I need to authorize the port but there was no option to accept or deny. I contacted Bell this morning and they told me that PM needs to send another port request to them and they will then send another text to me to authorize. Can someone do this for me?

11 REPLIES 11

nothatsyou

Thank you. I did send the moderators a message so now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me.

@nothatsyou Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one. Give them the name on the account,  number to port and the Bell account number.  Please note that your Bell account must be active to port your number.  The port will close it once its completed.   There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

nothatsyou

Unfortunately, Bell said that the message expires after 90 minutes so I'd need PM to initiate the port out again. 😞

You said you received a text. Try with a reply of YES or NO. No buttons, type in the word and click send. But it may be too late so you need to start the port request again like you did last night.

AE_Collector

nothatsyou

Nope. Nothing like that at all.

@nothatsyou 

Did they send you the message via short code? If so you would respond either YES or NO to the text.

nothatsyou

I called them this morning and they said that PM needs to send another port request to them and then they'll send another authorization to me. The one they sent yesterday had expired but when I called them last night within the 90 minute time frame nobody was around. They were closed.

@nothatsyou wrote:

Thanks, there was no option to reply yes or no unfortunately.

You need to get this sorted out with Bell before resubmitting another port request.  

nothatsyou

Thanks, there was no option to reply yes or no unfortunately.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nothatsyou so , all you do is reply yes or no to the Bell message? Thanks. Welcome to pm. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@nothatsyou contact customer support here

type "port request"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.