cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from Public Mobile

Yukon1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every 2nd or 3rd day I get a text from public mobile. They almost seem a bit spammy. Am I able to turn these off?

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yukon1 

Here are the text messages that I received from PM and cannot be disabled.

75%, 95% and 100% usage mesage

- Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your plan...

Once per month message

- Public Mobile here. Just a heads up, your payment is due...

- Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment...

- Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account... (If you received reward payment during renewal)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most of the time texts are about payment due before your renewal date or payment receipt and awards. Also regarding data.  Data notifications are set at 75%, 95% and 100% consumption of your data allotments.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I only get a few of texts around renewal time, usually one giving me a heads up that my months is almost over, and two after its renewed. The first one says rewards have been applied to your account, and the other one your account has successfully renewed.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I wouldn't block it, most of the time those are useful, they will let you know that credit card is expiring or what rewards are applied you can check if anything is missing, if your payment confirmation sms didn't arrive on the due day you better login and check.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1 Can you share what kind of texts do you get?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Yukon1 wrote:

Every 2nd or 3rd day I get a text from public mobile. They almost seem a bit spammy. Am I able to turn these off?

What texts do you get?  As my plan is unlimited calling and more data than I use I only get texts when my plan is nearing renewal and payment made or if I have a new referral.  Once a quarter they send out the "complaints" text and who to contact.  What additional texts are you getting?  Are they the 75%, 95% of plan usage?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't think there is any setting on Website to do that. I assume that you could block that phone number (depending on your phone) but in that case you could miss some important messages too. Maybe some other guys know more on how to do it..

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1  That's funny as most people complain they don't get enough notifications from Public.

Most texts coming from PM are account related and it's recommended to keep receiving them to make sure your payment was processed or someone is not trying to port out your number. If you want to block them that's your choice.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1  what texts from PM? Could you please some examples? The most common PM text number is 611. What number is yours coming from? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Yukon1 

Interesting.  My lines are not getting that many texts from Public Mobile.  Just the usual monthly warning texts about payment due dates, rewards, etc.  

You can block the phone number from your phone but then you might be missing some special promotions.  I don't think that you can stop the monthly payment texts.  

Need Help? Let's chat.