cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Someone used my email to register a phone line

Hello, someone has used my email to register a phone line with public mobile. I cannot find any way to disassociate my email from their account.

Any ideas what can be done?

GR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Someone used my email to register a phone line

@Mistro you can click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot tell them what happened. If it doesn'tet you get to "submit ticket" write "talk to a human"  you should get a reply back today sometimes.  If sure the person who activated a line would like to have this fixed Aswell 

Mayor / Maire

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> Click on Chat with Simon - on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Mayor / Maire

@Mistro wrote:

Hello, someone has used my email to register a phone line with public mobile. I cannot find any way to disassociate my email from their account.

@Mistro  If I were you I would be very concerned that someone has gained access to my email so change your email credentials immediately.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mistro  I absolutely agree with @geopublic  change your email with your bank, credit cards etc.. set up monitoring of All accounts!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hope this was a disposable account. If you can still access change your password 

. And do all that is mentioned above and below. 

@darlicious wrote:

@Mistro  I absolutely agree with @geopublic  change your email with your bank, credit cards etc.. set up monitoring of All accounts!

@Triguy wrote:

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> Click on Chat with Simon - on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

I'm not sure that @Mistro is a customer.

@geopublic wrote:

@Mistro wrote:

@Mistro  If I were you I would be very concerned that someone has gained access to my email so change your email credentials immediately.

I see no indication of that based on the topic of discussion. Public Mobile accounts can be opened without any verification of an e-mail address. Nothing is gained by someone using an incorrect e-mail addresa to open a Public Mobile account. More likely is a mistake by the Public Mobile customer.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is a "Great Neighbour" so must be a customer.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

I'm not sure that @Mistro is a customer.

@gblackma wrote:

Is a "Great Neighbour" so must be a customer.

That doesn't mean that someone is a customer. Anyone can open a Community account.