cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, uh, how long does a SIM card take to arrive?

djay80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, yes, I know this is like the 1000th post on the same topic, but all of the ones I've searched for are old, and things have changed, such as the vaccines and reopenings, etc. So I want to know, will Canada Post still deliver my sim card in 3 weeks or has their delivery speed gone up now? I ordered my card on the 26th and although it hasn't been a while, I want to know how much longer I might have to wait. Any estimates?

PM also didn't give a tracking number so I'm assuming that it'll be sent with lettermail, which doesn't help my uncertainly at all.

7 REPLIES 7

@darlicious wrote:

@djay80 

I think it entirely depends on which vendor recieved your order. Some fufill and ship it immediately while others take their sweet old time. Hopefully yours was sent to one that values their partnership with pm.

Public Mobile doesn't have vendors/retailers ship the SIM cards. Orders submittted through publicmbile.ca go out from a centralized fulfillment centre/warehouse.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In general... everything is always changing.  If there are a lot of people suddenly activating with Public Mobile, the Public Mobile/Telus staff in the background will be slower to mail it out.  I've found that Canada Post initially had very slow delivery times last year, but has since improved (although not as fast as before the pandemic).

There are a lot of factors to go on here, but it seems recent activity through Public Mobile is also starting to pick up.  Specific to @djay80 - I would still give it about 3 weeks, and if you haven't ordered already, look into @softech's ideas about activating with promotions to get a free SIM card too.  🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@djay80   Are you activating?  if you need one urgently, try to local kiosk, if you activate with them, they might give it to you for free

If you try to catch the latest promotion (the 2GBBonus) , which might expire in couple days and in-store activation doesn't count,  you might want to reorder one from Amazon if you have Prime delivery.

@djay80 

I think it entirely depends on which vendor recieved your order. Some fufill and ship it immediately while others take their sweet old time. Hopefully yours was sent to one that values their partnership with pm.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@djay80 wrote:

Yes, yes, I know this is like the 1000th post on the same topic, but all of the ones I've searched for are old, and things have changed, such as the vaccines and reopenings, etc. So I want to know, will Canada Post still deliver my sim card in 3 weeks or has their delivery speed gone up now? I ordered my card on the 26th and although it hasn't been a while, I want to know how much longer I might have to wait. Any estimates?

PM also didn't give a tracking number so I'm assuming that it'll be sent with lettermail, which doesn't help my uncertainly at all.

It could come tomorrow or it could come in a few weeks. Nobody knows. Try Canada Post tracking site and use the order number in the reference area but that won't work if it was sent by lettermail.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@djay80 

It really varies depending on where you live.  Still about 1-3 weeks from recent conversations with other PM customers.  

Faster options include Amazon.ca (especially with PRIME) and https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

Cheaper and faster than Public mobile.  

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@djay80 

New subscriber here. Ordered mine on July 1, it arrived 8 days later via snail mail. It takes time, for sure. Hang in there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.