cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Setting Up Email on New Phone

@ThisIsMe2021 : Yes, log in to your self-serve and use that Reset Voicemail password function which then resets it to your 10 digit phone number. Then use that as the password and then change it in the system if you like.

ThisIsMe2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, all! I seem to have done the right thing. I got to change the password. Then I called the cell from the land-line - got my old message from the previous phone incarnation. And left a message. Now I have to figure out how to pick up the messages on the cell. I think that part will be easier. I hope. Thanks, again. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 wrote:

got my old message from the previous phone incarnation. 

@ThisIsMe2021 : Well that don't sound right 🙂 Did you transfer your number?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 

It sounds like you had the password bypass set up on your old phone for retrieving messages on your old phone. You should be able to long press ( 1 ) to go to your voicemail. If you are not prompted for your password the you know thats how you had it set. Dialing your number from another phone number you should press ( * ) when your greeting starts and you will be prompted for your password before being able to access your messages.

Beverley2658
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ThisIsMe2021 I am assuming that everything is fine and solved. If it is click solved.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 wrote:

Thanks, all! I seem to have done the right thing. I got to change the password. Then I called the cell from the land-line - got my old message from the previous phone incarnation. And left a message. Now I have to figure out how to pick up the messages on the cell. I think that part will be easier. I hope. Thanks, again. 

If long-press of "1" is not reaching your voicemail on your phone, try dialing one of the local voicemail access numbers across Canada directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Normally the number that a long-press of "1" dials is provisioned along with the SIM card and a reboot. Are you on Android of iPhone? Android may let you manually set one of those access numbers for voicemail access within the phone app, and iPhone has a code you can dial to program it.

Worst case, you can just program one of those numbers into one of the other speed dial slots other than "1"...

ThisIsMe2021

Thanks. Got to my email from "1". But then I called the number and the VM never picked up. Now what? It obviously worked OK yesterday when I left myself a message. Also, it's saying that "Visual VM" isn't available until my VM is fully activated. Now what do I have to do? Yeesh.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 

Go into your phone settings, and disable visual voicemail - Public doesnt offer it, so if it is on it might be a leftover setting from your previous carrier.

If incoming calls are not going to voicemail, try dialing this to reset all conditional call forwards: ##004#

Ps: it's voicemail not email 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 

Called which number? Your number? The vm 587 4001 number?

ThisIsMe2021

Thanks, again! Well, it seems the reason that call didn't hit the VM was because my cell - a flip phone, BTW, I can't use IPhones or that kind - was in a spot with bad reception. I tried it in a different place and it worked fine. Go figure. 

And also, BTW, on my last phone, which I replaced because the hinge broke, it was PM, and I did get the visual VM icons on the front outside screen that let me know I have calls and VMs. 

Again - weird.

Need Help? Let's chat.