cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Network locked, not able to use new Public Mobile line

UselessSkate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I already posted a question in the community regarding why my phone asks for a SIM Network code when I put my Public Mobile SIM in it. I called my old provider and I am waiting for them to send me the code.

But I have a bigger problem now...

Since I am not able to use my new phone line I got with Public Mobile on my phone because I am waiting for my old provider to send me the network unlock code, I was wondering if I can put my line on hold until I get the unlock code? Because I am not using my line right now and it's been 2 days since I got the line and I cannot use it. I already wasted 2 days out of my monthly plan and when I called my old provider they told me I would only get the code in 2-3 business day but the weekend doesn't count as business days so I have to wait a few more days and I still won't be able to use my plan. It really sucks that I can't use my line but it sucks even more that I am loosing days out of my monthly plan without even using it. I got the 67$ plan and that's a lot of money so I would really need to put my line on hold if it's possible!

Someone please help me!

4 REPLIES 4

There is no such thing as puttiing a plan on hold here.  In theory, Public Mobile could restart your plan for you so that you don't end up paying for these unused days.  However, I would not expect this as your phone not being unlocked isn't something that they can control.    If they do this for you, it will purely be as a goodwill gesture, but jsut don't expect it.

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not sure there is anything that can or should be done by PM. There is plenty of literature on the site about phones and making sure it is not locked before joining. Remember, this is a selfserve (for the most part) low cost provider. Users are expected to do their research.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@UselessSkate, I would contact the mods and explain the situation.  Unfortunately it is not their responsibility to make sure you are bringing an unlocked phone to their network but they may be able to do something for you.  It can't hurt is ask. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @UselessSkate,  I don't think there is any mechanism to put a temporary hold on the account.  If you contact the moderators team, they might be able to help you in some way.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.