cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 10 Working Great on PM

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just wanted to start a thread to let people know, that I haven't encountered any issues with iOS 10 on PM. If you do encounter any specific issues to PM on iOS 10 please share 🙂 I don't foresee any issues, but I guess you never know.
35 REPLIES 35

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Telus/PM still fall behind in terms of supporting iOS 10 new feature!

• Visual Voicemail (for voicemail transcript)
  • VoLTE
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • Wi-Fi Calling on supported iCloud-connected devices

It will be awesome if PM can support all of those.

Although PM is not the "official" iPhone carrier rightnow

Rockdaddy22
At first I set it up as new, everything worked fine. Then I performed the backup from iCloud.

neo911

@Rockdaddy22

Cool !..

i believe you restored your iphone from a backup. or did you set up the iphone7 as a new phone ?

how the feel of iphone7 ? specially the home button ? feels great?

Rockdaddy22
A little update
I've been using the iPhone 7 all day today and everything's working flawlessly with Public Mobile. I didn't have to fool around with any carrier settings 🙂

Rockdaddy22
So it looks like it was the T-Mobile carrier update that caused the problem this time.

Rockdaddy22
Message from T-Mobile

Good news! iOS 10 fix is ready early. Go to Settings > General > Software Update (or > About if you already downloaded) and update away!

Nothing to fear, update away. Plus, that's T-Mobile, NOT Public Mobile. Like I said, iOS 10 is working perfectly on Public Mobile.

@Rockdaddy22

So, another iOS 10 warning this morning from T-Mobile in the US.  Seem waiting is a great idea after all.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/15/t-mobile-iphone-connectivity-issues-ios-10-fix/

Rockdaddy22
It's definitely a great iPod 🙂

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
It was funny, I didn't have iTunes on my PC. So I had to install it, then delete it. So at least, I literally went over 4 years without iTunes, and I have tons of iOS devices. So I used it for 5 minutes to unbrick my phone. It's funny, most people who don't like iOS, don't really know much about it, some have never even owned an iOS device.

I actually have that old ipod touch 4g lol

I am not sure how you would transfer media from your pc or locally back up without using itunes. 

Rockdaddy22
It was funny, I didn't have iTunes on my PC. So I had to install it, then delete it. So at least, I literally went over 4 years without iTunes, and I have tons of iOS devices. So I used it for 5 minutes to unbrick my phone. It's funny, most people who don't like iOS, don't really know much about it, some have never even owned an iOS device.

Rockdaddy22
I haven't used iTunes since the iPhone 4, I just used it the other day when I "bricked" my phone.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
iOS isn't simple enough? Now I've heard it all lol

not how it functions lol

I just don't like how you have to always go thorugh itunes to update, transfer media or back up. Andoind is more simpler.

Rockdaddy22
iOS isn't simple enough? Now I've heard it all lol

Well, there are some people who just want the update to take out that annoying update now notification or to want new features they can't wait to try. I am one of them, if i like the feature i want so bad, i will update.

I am not an iphone/ios fan just because of itune. I do not like to have restriction and forced to use itunes to transfer media. I know there are other ways but it cannot get any simpler than android. Anyways, that's my personal choice. 

To me the new iOS just looks too colorful lol Smiley LOL

@stonechucker wrote:

Grrrr...

@Shazia_K@Rockdaddy22

I already posted this in the other thread, but now I can't find it!

As a former IT Guy, and still heavy into read tech news, I will never update immediately to a .0 release, such as iOS 10

I will let other people have the problems, until the .1 or .2 is released.  My devices and computers are too critical for a problem to happen.

I think as an IT guy, you would want to update first to catch all bugs and find solution Smiley Tongue

neo911

Have iPhone 6 and updated to iOS. No problems whatsoever (but iOS 10 sucks big time..hate the new features, especially iMessage reminds me of Viber...)

The update was a breeze unlike reports of iphones getting bricked (Steve Jobs, you need to take another avatar and come back to Apple..These guys have no idea whats happening!!)

By the way, just received an alert about 'Carrier Settings update'. Accepted it and installed it.

I guess PM is sending some carrier settings update after update to iOS 10. There was no change in APN settings etc so must be other settings.

I have noticed the 'carrier settings update' is received only when you got Settings>General>About.

So if you have an iPhone and updated to iOS 10 then maybe you wanna check it out.

Rockdaddy22
Not trying to convince anyone 🙂 I just don't want to let the fear mongering on the web scare people. Waiting a few days is definitely sensible, any longer and you're just going without security patches for nothing. People do as you wish, I'm enjoying iOS 10 with millions of others 🤑

Remember this things been beta tested by millions for months. Again, always make a backup 🙂 I'm going to bed now 💤

@Rockdaddy22,

It doesn't matter to me what others are doing with the update.  If they wish to takee the risk, and there is always risk, then let them.  I feel the risk isn't worth it until the first few patches are released.  That's just the way I am, and you won't convince me to be different.

Rockdaddy22

srlawren

Yes in general it's almost never a good idea to be first on a new OS update, especially a major version revision (aka 9.x.x to 10.0.0)--it's better to let other people find the issues instead!  But it sounds like they addressed the bricking issue VERY quickly after the initial reports, so that isn't a concern.  If it was me, I'd still give it a day or two and monitor the Apple support forums (or your favourite tech forums) for any reported issues that may affect you before updating, but that's just me being overly cautious.  

Full disclosure--the only iDevice I have is an ancient 4th gen iPod Touch that's stuck on iOS 6.something and will never get any more updates, so I have no direct experience here.  Just going on my usual personal policy to OS updates (any OS.  I waited months to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 even thought it was free and very available, for example).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Also goes without saying, make a backup before any OS update, I don't care who it's from. Nothing to fear when you have a backup. 🙂

Rockdaddy22
@stonechucker it didn't break anything. Not a true brick by any means. That was within the first hour lol

@Luddite@Rockdaddy22

My point exactly.  10.0 broke a number of devices. 10.0.01 is the first patch.  I don't need to deal with the headache, however remote the chance.

Rockdaddy22
"We experienced a brief issue with the software update process, affecting a small number of users during the first hour of availability," Apple said in a statement. "The problem was quickly resolved and we apologise to those customers."

I haven't seen a problem since that first hour, I updated a buch of devices last night. All different generations. I say download and enjoy.

Rockdaddy22
I just explained,  fixed it in an hour. So no need to wait now. My phone was "bricked" yesterday. I'll I had to do was plug it in a PC and connect to iTunes. No big deal. Not a true brick, thankfully.

I am with everyone who waits and suggest everyone seeing this does as well: iOS 10 bricking phones

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

And that's another issue for me.  Extra stuff in apps that I can't use.

I have a vision impairment, and all these extra emojis and other icon like stuff drive me up the wall.  They are nothing but distractions when I'm trying to read a SMS or email etc.

To each their own, but give me the ability to turn them off so I don't have to see them.

Rockdaddy22
@stonechucker as you know sometimes .1 or .2 updates come with new features, and those new features can causes problems, so you could constantly be waiting 😞 Plus you can bet every update comes with some security improvements, so I want in ASAP.

Rockdaddy22
Lol @stonechucker
The new messages  is wild, playing with that all day, I feel like I'm a 12 year old girl 🙂

Rockdaddy22
It's actually 10.0.1 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.