cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VictoriaM09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Question regarding $25 plan?

Just charging another phone. If it works in that phone, does it mean the phone is the issue? If it still doesn’t, is it the SIM card???  So frustrated!!!

softech
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Just charging another phone. If it works in that phone, does it mean the phone is the issue? If it still doesn’t, is it the SIM card???  So frustrated!!!

Yes, you can use another phone to test.  If it works, then your original phone has some issue.  If it does not work still, then likely SIM provisioning on PM side is the issue.

you just changed a new number?  It should work quick, probably within an hour.  

t_p
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

Yes, please let us know.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

I just purchased this plan for my daughter. She is unable to receive incoming calls? The plan said unlimited Canada-wide minutes which I gather includes incoming and outgoing calls?

Hello @VictoriaM09 

IS this an iphone?

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.
VictoriaM09

So true the SIM card in another problem. Still getting the message that the number is not in service. At least it’s different than the message I got prior to changing the number!

I’m going to try again in the morning. 

thanks everyone!

softech
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09   I guess it is time to open a ticket with PM ..

(After you open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Customer Support Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

VictoriaM09

I’m new to this, so not sure if a reply goes to the individual or if everyone on the string can see it?

SIM card on a different phone resulted in the same message, that the number is not in service. Here’s hoping it just takes time!

I’ll write again in the morning. Thanks everyone!

VictoriaM09

Thanks! I’ve been corresponding with an agent as well. Still no luck!!!  

I appreciate the link. I’ll keep that handy!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaM09 wrote:

So true the SIM card in another problem. Still getting the message that the number is not in service. At least it’s different than the message I got prior to changing the number!

I’m going to try again in the morning. 

thanks everyone!

@VictoriaM09 ,

IF you are not committed to that phone number, you could try changing the phone number through your Self Serve account to see if that triggers your account to work.

You can change your number 4 times every 30 days, if you wanted to.

Are all the other services working?

• Texting in/out
  • Data
  • Calling out?
VictoriaM09

Yes, this is an iPhone. Thanks for clarifying!

The old phone number was still listed as the number for receiving messages. It’s taking forever to verify the new number! Maybe because it still isn’t active? I’ll do the FaceTime step next. 

Thank you!

Need Help? Let's chat.