cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo

John11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

im a public mobile customer but I’m trying to get the new promo do I have to buy another SIM card to do so?

11 REPLIES 11

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Come to think of it, maybe this is why numbers can't be ported within PM. Everyone would get every promo?

Just FYI: cannot > untrue;  will not >> true Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Come to think of it, maybe this is why numbers can't be ported within PM. Everyone would get every promo?

Haha... PM would have so many happier customers. It is a common strategy for mobile companies to run promotions to attract new clients. 

There are some promo that PM runs for existing customers as well. Keep an eye on them. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

@tsparkle21  you can not port from PM to PM.  a person can not activate a new line then transfer their existing PM number to it.

@tsparkle21 wrote:

If you want your previous number you can try to change the new account later?

Oh, I didn’t know that - thanks!

@John11 

If you really want to keep a number, then port it to a free service, like Google Voice then move it back to PM account...

@John11 

Only way to keep the same number is to port your old number out to another carrier and then to port back into your new account.  There are costs associated with that and usually it is not worth the hassle.  You will also lose any credits (like friends, loyalty) when you port out.   

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tsparkle21  you can not port from PM to PM.  a person can not activate a new line then transfer their existing PM number to it.

@tsparkle21 wrote:

John11

Ok

thanks man

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In the announcement it says,

new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $40/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 3 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@John11  no chance 

John11

Thank you but will I be able to choose the same number or no chance?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@John11 yes and create a new account!  You can't port a phone number between public mobile accounts so you'll have to pick a new number also

Need Help? Let's chat.