Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Store Locator

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Unless you accept the Share Location option,

Screen shot 2019-04-16 at 10.35.41 PM.png

the store locator page does present you with and therefore does not allow you to enter your location manually:

Screen shot 2019-04-16 at 10.36.06 PM.png

Please fix.

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97, the issue you identified may be browser related.  Public Mobile web pages seem have issues on universal compatibility.  On some browsers, the site just doesn't want to play nice.  I tried the store locater for the very first time just now.  On first launch, I got the oops error.  A refresh and the site loaded properly in spite of not allowing location sharing.  The right city was located but nowhere near where I was.  I think the new site is 9/10. 

Again, I'm just sharing my expereince. It is up to the web programmers to sort it out...

But how many devices/how many browsers did you try? It's not up to the "web programmers" to work around free whatever add-ons/filters that any browser might have.

Allow javascript, allow cookies. Those are the two big guns.

ALL enabled...not the issues. And as pointed out before, all extensions were disabled... and that is even proven with Private Mode... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97, the issue you identified may be browser related.  Public Mobile web pages seem have issues on universal compatibility.  On some browsers, the site just doesn't want to play nice.  I tried the store locater for the very first time just now.  On first launch, I got the oops error.  A refresh and the site loaded properly in spite of not allowing location sharing.  The right city was located but nowhere near where I was.  I think the new site is 9/10. 

Again, I'm just sharing my expereince. It is up to the web programmers to sort it out...

But how many devices/how many browsers did you try? It's not up to the "web programmers" to work around free whatever add-ons/filters that any browser might have.

Allow javascript, allow cookies. Those are the two big guns.

@will13am wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

the way its setup, is the way it is. We aren't programmers, thats the webmaster side and i dont think u can contact them. 

Are u using a vpn? i dont see why otherwise it would be a issue.

No vpn. But also tried Private Browsing window... same behaviour....

Only works if I share location.

I'm just sharing my expereince. It is up to the web programmers to sort it out...

LaOmbra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@pm-smayer97 No issue here entering postal code: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

the store locator page does present you with and therefore does not allow you to enter your location manually:

Please fix.

@pm-smayer97  I clicked "don't allow" my location, then it worked fine. Are you using script

blocker or something?

So I tried turning off my AdBlockPlus, varying the setting: just for this page, for all of Public Mobile, everyhwere, and even disabling the extension. Regardless of the choice, nothing worked UNLESS I choose Share Location.

I have several add-ons and such in my Firefox and the page doesn't work at all well. I use Edge when I need an unfettered browser. It works there.

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please fix.

@pm-smayer97  I clicked "don't allow" my location, then it worked fine. Are you using script

blocker or something?

So I tried turning off my AdBlockPlus, varying the setting: just for this page, for all of Public Mobile, everyhwere, and even disabling the extension. Regardless of the choice, nothing worked UNLESS I choose Share Location.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please fix.

I posted in agreement on the announcement thread. But now it's working for me.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please fix.

blocker or something?

111111.png

Below is what happened after I clicked dont allow

222222.jpg

Then if I search for Toronto, it works

33333.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.