cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Plan Acting Extremely odd

Zen997
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, this is my first phone plan I've ever had and I'm having certain issues with it. As soon as I activated my phone number it worked perfectly fine. Now two days later when I try to receive a call I (called my phone with my home phone) got a "this number is not in service message". After that initial call I then would immediately go to voice mail "Please leave a message after the beep."

I'm using the $15 100-minute international talk and unlimited incoming calls plan with unlimited SMS and 250mb of 3g data. 

SMS acts strangely as well. I would try to send a text to my brother but it would fail. However when I call my brother and drop the call immediately while the SMS is sending, It gets sent. Otherwise the SMS always fails. 

Any help would be great and just to re-iterate, I am not porting a number as this is the only number I've ever had. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Zen997 wrote:

Hi all, this is my first phone plan I've ever had and I'm having certain issues with it. As soon as I activated my phone number it worked perfectly fine. Now two days later when I try to receive a call I (called my phone with my home phone) got a "this number is not in service message". After that initial call I then would immediately go to voice mail "Please leave a message after the beep."

I'm using the $15 100-minute international talk and unlimited incoming calls plan with unlimited SMS and 250mb of 3g data. 

SMS acts strangely as well. I would try to send a text to my brother but it would fail. However when I call my brother and drop the call immediately while the SMS is sending, It gets sent. Otherwise the SMS always fails. 

Any help would be great and just to re-iterate, I am not porting a number as this is the only number I've ever had. Thank you.

@Zen997  You are correct that shouldn't be happening. Make sure on your device the preferred network contains LTE, UMTS and auto. Best to message the moderator describe what is happening and ask them to check your account of its been setup properly. They should be able to reset your account and fix any issues.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Zen997 

Which brand/model phone do you have?  In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?

Maybe you can try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try restarting your phone.

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have. 2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.