cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined - 3G not working

k_robs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all

Hope you can help! I just joined Public Mobile, I have the plan with 4.5MB data, put my new SIM in my unlocked UK iPhone this evening and whilst it has the 3G/LTE logo at the top the data isn't working - when I load any apps/email they say the phone isn't connected to the internet. 

Can anyone advise what to do?

Many thanks!

Katie

6 REPLIES 6

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@k_robs That's awesome! Glad that we can help! Welcome to Public Mobile! Smiley Happy

k_robs

@Dunkman @Lg85 Ah thanks for your help but i seem to have sussed it - had to go to profiles and delete the Vodafone profile and now it is working!

@k_robs

Here is some additional information from the knowledge base.  Not sure whether you tried the following:

• Some models of iPhones do not allow you to manually update your APNs. If this is your case, using your mobile phone, visit co.nz. This will automatically download the required APNs in your phone settings.

Let us know whether this works.  Maybe re-boot phone afterwards...

Lg85

@k_robs

What is the model of your iPhone?

k_robs

Hi @Lg85 thanks for your message! I have tried this and I don't know if it is because my phone is from the UK but I don't have all those options... In Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network I have changed  the APN from isp.mb.com to sp.mb.com but none of these other options seem available to me, I can't find anywhere where I can make these changes and that change to the APN alone hasn't helped! Any ideas?!

Lg85

@k_robs

I think you need to configure your phone's APN settings.

Try the website link below, select the exact model of your iPhone, and follow the instructions.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Once the phone APN settings are set up, your phone should be able to connect to the Public Mobile network.

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.