cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ukrop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: How long should I wait to port-in number that I just ported-out?

@z10user4 Looks like I crashed the site 🙂

Site temporarily unavailable for maintenance. Please try again later.

And yes - you were right, Lucky doesn't refund pre-paid amount...

Ukrop

Ok, site is back online. But I still can't make a request to port-in... Any suggestions from mods?

Tags (2)
cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Ukrop wrote:

Ok, site is back online. But I still can't make a request to port-in... Any suggestions from mods?

You can port back whenever you want. The site doesn't let you so you need a CSA (customer support agent). Click the chat icon in bottom right and type "port request".

View solution in original post

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ukrop wrote:

@Ukrop 

Yes, you are a good case study for many other members who asked or discussed about doing this. 🙂

Try a totally different device (if you can) to request the port, under "Change Number" area under your Public Mobile Self Serve.

If still having problems, and If SIMon bot is causing you issues, you can also request the port through this link:  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

It seems to me that if your Community account matches when you created your first PM account, that means you lost those years of loyalty? Too bad, but hopefully, this all works out beneficial to you in the long run.

t_p
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ukrop

"I bought Lucky SIM in Dollarama for $4+tax. Yes, bought new PM SIM for $10+tax but will get $10 back since I used refferal code from family member. Lucky plan is $15+tax but I read I should get prorated amount back once I cancel it. Will let know once it's over. I still think it's worth it - 5GB for $35 instead of 2GB for $30 currently..."

Have you considered the services of Canadian Cell Supplies for your scheme?

At the very least, you'd have saved the price of the SIM and there is also discount for various plans (e.g. $5 on the first month of $25 plan, $8 for the $35 plan...).

And by letting them do the porting, you'd save a lot of headaches.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@t_p : The 2GBBONUS promo is for non-store activations. I look at this promo as a $5 savings off the $40 plan. The $40 is less per gb and yet lower but same price per gb for the $50 and $70 plans...all with the promo.

Ukrop

@cellphoneuser1 @esjliv 

Thanks guys! Yes, I contacted CSA but it was early night 🙂 Closer to the morning I got reply that transfer was initiated. I got text from Lucky to confirm transfer and in 5 minutes I got my number back on new PM SIM.

So my process was like this (using old phone for all SIM swapping):

1. Buy Lucky SIM in Dollarama $4+tax

2. Buy PM SIM (Cell booth in Real Canadian Superstore) $10+tax

3. Create new account with PM (I simply used my gmail with + symbol and PM 🙂 using new SIM and assign new number. Use Friend refferal for $10 (which makes SIM basically free) and BONUS code during activation

4. Create new account with Lucky and request number transfer from original PM account, choose cheapest plan - $15

5. Add $15 into Lucky account to make account active

6. Get text from PM on original number to confirm port-out to Lucky

7. Confirm Lucky SIM got assigned original PM number - send/receive texts, calls

8. Try to request port-in in NEW PM account - in my case system didn't like my number

9. Create ticket with CSA for port-in request to NEW PM account

10. Got private message from CSA to provide Lucky account number and IMEI to start port-in request - info provided

11. Got text on Lucky SIM to confirm port-out request

12. Five minutes later my PM SIM got assigned my original number

The obvious cost is 4.52+1.13+16.95=22.60 (for Ontario)

Then whatever was left in original PM account - in my case it was around $10.

Yes, you loose all your loyalty and friend refferal bonuses. This was account for my daughter (that's why keeping number was important for her 🙂 So she didn't have too much in bonuses.

Hope it will help someone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Ukrop great work and great experiment for all of us.  So, you have been gone and come back in less than 48 hours?

Ukrop

@hTideGnow Correct - in less then 10 hours

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

not bad.. I guess I should stock up PM SIM if i see  $5 again.

Need Help? Let's chat.