cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I check whether my number/sim is transferred successfully?

The activation portal only says alternate number in case if something goes wrong. 

Do I just call my number and if its not working on my old sim, that means it works with the public mobile sim?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: How can I check whether my number/sim is transferred successfully?

@mchuahua wrote:

The activation portal only says alternate number in case if something goes wrong. 

Do I just call my number and if its not working on my old sim, that means it works with the public mobile sim?

@mchuahua If your old sim stops working that means you number was ported over.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mchuahua wrote:

@mchuahua If your old sim stops working that means you number was ported over.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

If you can't use your old sim the Port is complete

Welcome to public

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mchuahua wrote:

Another way to confirm your port.  Call your number from another phone, if your PM SIM answer the call.  Your port is completed.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

exactly what I thought. thanks everyone for responding so quickly!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mchuahua wrote:

Looks like your question was asked and answered in about 5 minutes. That's faster than dialling a call center and talking to someone in new delhi with limited english skills. (Not dissing new delhi at all)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I would usually get Nicaragua or the Philippines when I would call I don't think I ever got India.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

@mchuahua wrote:

Looks like your question was asked and answered in about 5 minutes. That's faster than dialling a call center and talking to someone in new delhi with limited english skills. (Not dissing new delhi at all)

No, of course not, but "limited English skills" SHOULD be dissed, ESPECIALLY when that customer service is to service predominantly English speaking customers. 🙄  I know it's the almighty dollar that drives such things, but if companies are doing that sort of thing, they really need to make sure their CSRs can be understood.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@mchuahua wrote:

No, of course not, but "limited English skills" SHOULD be dissed, ESPECIALLY when that customer service is to service predominantly English speaking customers. 🙄  I know it's the almighty dollar that drives such things, but if companies are doing that sort of thing, they really need to make sure their CSRs can be understood.

Agreed. You're right about the almighty dollar...but I don't think it would cost that much more to have the call centers located in Canada somewhere...although understanding newfy talk can be challenging as well. !!  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

🤣 @hairbag1  Maybe worse......