cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I get their customer service to change my # again

Starchild
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my number but I don’t like it, and I saw an available one that i like better, but it wouldn’t let me change it again. I read that I have to wait 30 days to change it again. 
But I don’t want to. I also want that exact number I saw that is available, and I’ll never be able to find it again with their random number generator.

So I want to see if I can get them to add that number to my account for me, ASAP. And I will pay to have that done. Just not sure How to find someone who can do that for me 🤔 

28 REPLIES 28

@mimmo @Anonymous 

Yeah......i didn't want to use the "p" word but a precedent it is indeed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo 

We've already seen that they can re-instate accounts and SIM's from a fraudulent port-out. But no, this seemed rather above and beyond just for a customer that had already selected a number and then decided they didn't like it after.

Your previous suggestion of doing this themselves was good seeing as how they said they would be willing to pay. So they could have got a SIM and new account and found that number and then abandoned the original account.

But yes...this is now a moderator precedent.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Andu_S  great customer service, glad you were able to help user.

Unfortunately, you have also now set a precedent on what can be done, close account, reuse simcard, transfer rewards etc, and also I feel unintentionally undermined the  community knowledge/efectiveness  by providing workaround to something was not possible according to the TOS. Now replies might need disclaimers no, not possible but ask mods anyway they might be able to...

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

... are you sure you can manually enter the digits ?  I thought that was only at activation .  I tried on my phone and it only gave me 5 possible numbers didn't see option for more numbers not the option for entering digits. Could be a limitation on mobiles...

Huh. You're right.

I thought I was able to do this a few years ago when changing a number. Apparently I either remember it wrong or something changed.

I don't recall seeing "Select your local calling area" before. It was already assigned.

I also notice that selecting a different local calling area then (re)selecting your own will pull up a new list of random numbers. You might have to repeat this many, many, many times to get offered a number you already passed over.

It seems like a limitation built into the web interface. Maybe even something PM could choose to improve.

@Starchild 

If miracles never cease.....im impressed. That's some fantastic customer service youve recieved. Be sure to ask for a review link to tell pm how great Andu is at his job.

@Andu_S 

Two thumbs up for providing what we thought was impossible......

Starchild

Very happy with the customer service here, or the mod who helped me, Andu.
He/she got me the number I wanted already! And it’s working great 😁👍🙏

They helped me create a new account, but moved everything over to it, including my rewards and I am still on the same SIM card! That was super fast! 

mimmo

Be careful, to my knowledge a simcard is associated with one account. Once the account gets deactivated/deleted the sim can not be used again. Unless mods have some special powers.

Starchild

He didn’t mention needing a new sim. He just said he’d close this account, start a new one with that number and that since I have 10 days left of the month for my 15 dollar plan, they’d take off 10 but I’d still owe them 5. 
And as I have a new account anyway, like I’ve only been on this plan for less than a month, I’m not too worried about rewards etc the only rewards I have so far are the automatic payments. 

mimmo

@Starchild  assuming you will be buying a new sim?

Deleting account means losing any rewards etc.

Are they transfering your available funds if any?

Are they making you make another plan payment or are they giving you a " free" activation? On the new acount?

Starchild

Yeah they were also super fast and helpful! 

@Starchild  that's great that you reached them at this time as their standard time on weekdays is till midnight eastern but there always seems to be a mod online later at night.

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Fantastic PM service as always 👌👍

Starchild

The mods say they can help me delete my account and make a new one with that phone number, and I’m gonna go for it. 

mimmo

@cellphoneuser1 that was my recollection, when I read korths message, but since I was not 100% sure I checked what I could (mobile) and I left it slightly open Just in case. 

@Starchild glad we were able to help. If you did contact mods as suggested by your solution let us know what they say.

@Starchild  who needs a call center? 🤣 These forums are faster than the elevator hold music to finish one song waiting for a cs rep to answer.

Starchild

Wow thanks to everyone who responded so fast you were all very helpful 🙏

@mimmo There isn't a way to that unless it's activation time. Mobiile or desktop are is the same for that.

mimmo

@Korth  are you sure you can manually enter the digits ?  I thought that was only at activation .  I tried on my phone and it only gave me 5 possible numbers didn't see option for more numbers not the option for entering digits. Could be a limitation on mobiles...

There's always the option to manually enter a number instead of selecting whatever randomly-generated numbers get offered.

A particular number might or might not still be available in 30 days. But odds aren't terribly bad if there's a large pool of numbers available.

Even if you're unable to get the exact number you want you might still be able to select a number which is very similar.

Gotta wait out the 30 days, I guess, nothing else can be done for that account.

The other option to claim that number while you know it's available is to activate a new account ... which is perhaps not a loss if you don't have much value (available balance, add-ons, rewards) attached to your existing account. There'd be no added hassle for your contacts since you'd change the number either way.

I recommend reading and considering carefully before committing an irreversible mouse-click on this decision, either way. 😋

mimmo

@darlicious  not sure the case you speak of, but back in the old days the mods I believe could accomplish magical  feats like this by using the pm to pm port workaround , but I guess that  is simply not in the cards anymore, more so if a customer just wants a different number.

which leaves Option 1 wait 30 days option 2 follow steps I mentioned previously

@Starchild 

The info supplied by @mimmo  in the above post is correct. This is confirmed by a customer who was a victim of a fraudulent port that the fraudsters then changed the phone number making it impossible for the moderators to change the phone number back to the customers original number. It cannot be done. You must wait 30 days.

mimmo

@computergeek541  the 30 say rule is a system limitation or policy which the moderators can not override 

@mimmo wrote:

depending on how badly ($$$) you want since you just activated a new account  simply activate a new PM account and get the number you want use a referal code to get a $10 credit, to offset the cost, buy a sim card from lucky $5 15 plan) port to lucky then port to your existing pm account.

another option is activate an new account with say lucky  ($5sim + $15 plan),  find a number you like and then port that number into PM. 

edited after misreading original post

I know that there's the 30-day rule, but if at all possible, I hope that the moderators would do it if the system allows it, regardless of any rule. I say that because if a customer goes to Lucky to get the phone number, there's a change (maybe even a good one) that the customer will remain at Lucky and allow the Public Mobile account to close.

mimmo

depending on how badly ($$$) you want since you just activated a new account  simply activate a new PM account and get the number you want use a referal code to get a $10 credit, to offset the cost, buy a sim card from lucky $5 15 plan) port to lucky then port to your existing pm account.

another option is activate an new account with say lucky  ($5sim + $15 plan),  find a number you like and then port that number into PM. 

edited after misreading original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Starchild 

I've never heard of anyone coming back here saying they were successful in having them change a number. Recovering fraudulent port-outs yes. But not just changing the number.

You can keep refreshing the random set each time. So when your 30 days are up just keep refreshing the list and maybe by then no one will have taken it yet.

I did this a while ago. Get the first list then select the drop down city list again and choose one other city and get that list. Then choose your city again and you'll get a different set. Do that as many times as you need. You might even find other numbers that interest you. That's what I did. I was looking for an old established area code number. But I came across some nice looking new area code numbers. Finally I thought well what the hey and chose one.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Starchild  You're stuck with the number for 30 days.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Starchild I don't think they will be able to change it either since the system has 30 days counter set. You can try contacting them and see if they are able to. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Starchild wrote:

I just changed my number but I don’t like it, and I saw an available one that i like better, but it wouldn’t let me change it again. I read that I have to wait 30 days to change it again. 
But I don’t want to. I also want that exact number I saw that is available, and I’ll never be able to find it again with their random number generator.

So I want to see if I can get them to add that number to my account for me, ASAP. And I will pay to have that done. Just not sure How to find someone who can do that for me 🤔 

You can only change your number once every 30 days.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile allows one change per 30 days. Sorry.

Only thing you can do is open a ticket for moderators to see if they can do anything for you. No guarantee.

Simon.JPG

Or send them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Standard response time is 24/48 hours but usually they are quicker. Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.