Troispuces
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

i am having issue to set the data up as a new customer

i have an iPhone 6 

i did:

-settings

- cellular

-cellular data network but I don’t see the long menu where I can enter all the infos. See pic

2792C57C-50E2-460C-8C26-1A28EA3A9058.png

It says personnal hotspot but I am not. 

I know the apn is my old one but my point is that I don’t see the full menu. 

🙏 thank you so much for your help

43 REPLIES 43

jaybeebagunu

@gpixel They just replied to me less than 15 mins ago. I just verified myself, waiting for another response. I will update here later!

@jaybeebagunu  while you wait for moderator help try resetting your network settings. Leave the pm SIM in. 

Step 1. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone.

Step 2. Tap General.

Step 3. Scroll down to find Reset and tap it.

Step 4. In the new window, select Reset Networking Settings and confirm the action.

Your iPhone should restart and propogate their own settings. If tjis doesn't work wait for moderator jelp to reset your sercice. Thanks. Stay safe. 

@jaybeebagunu have you spoken with customer support yet?

jaybeebagunu

@gblackma iPhone 6. I checked everything, including IMEI and if my phone's compatible. I even tried restoring my phone and putting whatever was backed up, back onto there. It didn't do anything. 😞

To add to what @brettster99  asked @Justice28  if you tell us the make and model of your phone we can give you more targeted help.  Is data enabled on your phone? Thanks.  In general

20200506_104406.jpg

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Justice28 

Alright umm do you see reception on the phone? Does calling and texting work? What phone are you using? 

@Dunkman 

Have you checked self serve if you ran out of data? 

@gblackma @Naepalm  @darlicious @Mountainmaxman  any other suggestions I’m not thinking of 

Justice28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot activate my Data

brettster99

@jaybeebagunu 

They should be able to help if it’s a problem related to public mobile and there sim. If it’s a hardware issue then you maybe out of luck. 

@jaybeebagunu  has this phone worked on any other provider or did you just recently get it delivered and tried it on PM?

Could you back up what you have on the phone and do a full factory restore?

Also can you try to get one of you locked phones unlocked to test your sim card?

In the past there's been a few iPhone 6/6s phones with antenna hardware issues.  They seem to be prone to becoming physically disconnected from the motherboard. So by trying the sim in another phone can determine if its hardware issue or sim issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaybeebagunu wrote:

@Anonymous Everything you've asked, I've tried already unfortunately!

I'm not an Apple guy. Click this for a reference from an Apple guy. See if you can find anything useful in there. There's a lot.

jaybeebagunu

@Anonymous Everything you've asked, I've tried already unfortunately!

jaybeebagunu

@Jb456  Airplane mode off & on doesn't work. Same with turning the device off & on. Plugged into iTunes, nothing. It's unlocked, I purchased it unlocked. Network reset didn't work either. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaybeebagunu wrote:

@brettster99  I DM'd the mods, hopefully they'll be able to help 😄

So nothing works. Do not disturb? Airplane?

Do you see Public Mobile on the top bar?

Can you call 611?

Logging in to your account is it showing as Active?

Do you have all the updates for the phone?

What do you show for Carrier?

Also check Get Started and scroll a little and click on the arrow to open out and use the lost stolen check.

@jaybeebagunu 

1- try some of these.

• Turn on Airplane mode, wait 30 seconds, then turn off Airplane mode
  • Full power off and back on
  • Plug phone into iTunes and see if it pushes any updates to the phone.
  • Reset the network

2- All providers are required to give you the unlock code for free...take your old phone and contact the provider it's locked to (bell, Rogers, etc)

If it's a Samsung phone. Go to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them. They'll provide the code for you.

It's best that you try getting one of them unlocked so we can determine if it's hardware phone related or sim card related.

3- Thanks for checking the IMEI.

jaybeebagunu

@brettster99  I DM'd the mods, hopefully they'll be able to help 😄

jaybeebagunu

@brettster99 

1) No signal, stays on "searching.."

2) Unfortunately the other phones I have are locked. 😕

3) I checked my IMEI prior to even ordering off this site, I double checked with the link you sent me. My phone is ok to use!

brettster99

@jaybeebagunu 

Let us now any updates 

brettster99

@jaybeebagunu 

Sounds like the activation was not fully completed. Which means you need to contract a moderator about this. Follow either my route to PM mods or Follow @gpixel  instructions or use the ? On bottom right and follow the prompts 

@jaybeebagunu 

1- on your iPhone does it connect to the PM network? Does it show a signal or anything?

2- Do you have another unlocked phone you can try your sim in to see if anything works? So we can determine if it's a hardware issue or sim issue.

3-.. since you bought a used phone off Amazon..there may be a chance that the phone could have been reported stolen and the IMEI of the phone is blacklisted. Which means you have an expensive iPod. Try below link to see if anything comes up.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Will wait for your reply and we can go from there. Thanks!

customer support.jpeg

@jaybeebagunu you need to contact customer support your account might have failed to fully activate. this happened to another user that got their account working today.

contact customer support by clicking this link below and choose the second option:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

jaybeebagunu

@gpixel  Yup earlier today, new number!

brettster99

@jaybeebagunu 

Check self server account to see the status. To contact moderators use envelope on top right or ? On bottom right of screen

@jaybeebagunu so you just activated your sim today? are you porting a number over? 

jaybeebagunu

I activated this before putting the card in my phone.. I logged into self serve and it just shows all my info with payment and everything. Am I still missing something? @gpixel 

jaybeebagunu

@brettster99  Mine doesn't have "Network Settings" in between Carrier Services and Cellular Data Network  😞

@jaybeebagunu can you check your self serve account to see if your account is active?

jaybeebagunu

@gpixel Just tried this and it did nothing but just deleted my wifi log ins. 😞

jaybeebagunu

I just double checked. My calling and texting aren't working either! @brettster99 

brettster99

@jaybeebagunu 

These are my current settings

EDFADD5F-05FD-43D6-8803-569E4922769E.png

A84EC91A-E7D0-435E-ADA7-BD05BB6EB687.png

4343C137-ACEE-4D69-8E91-38DA7F45C46F.png

if that doesn’t work try pressing the reset settings in this place instead of General 

@jaybeebagunu 

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.