cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phones number transfer

Son_Tran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I transfer my cell phone number to Public mobile services? I get charged for the transfer?

9 REPLIES 9

@angelinaliceAlmost all mobile phone number porting take under 2 hours. Prepaid Koodo and petrol can mobility require a temporary number first and intervention from a moderator to complete. Speak out can take much longer as will landlines and internet numbers. My experience with telus, freedom and fido have been almost immeadiate.

angelinalice

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but make sure you keep your current plan active, as in don't shut down your current plan right now. That way you can keep your phone number. Once porting has completed, your account with your other carrier would terminate automatically. Just for references, my porting took 2 hours (I'm with Bell), but my friends' took almost a full day (he's with Rogers).

corrio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son just signed up today and once you have the public mobile sim card, you click on activate sim card and start adding yourself as a new member. It gives you the option to transfer your number over or get a new number. You'll need your previous account number and name of old provider. You'll also need your imei number from your phone. It's as easy as that. My son had 2 days left on his previous plan with telus, he called to make sure he was no longer with telus and they told him he is not and that he has a credit that they will send him. 

Another happy Public Mobile customer 🙂

chocolatealiza
Yes and more details can be found in this article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Son_Tran wrote:

Can I transfer my cell phone number to Public mobile services? I get charged for the transfer?

Main points

-don't contact old provider to cancel;  new provider does all the work for the porting

-number must be active

-have details like account number of old carrier

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no charge for transferring a number to PM. That's standard with any carrier.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Son_Tran Porting is free. The time to have the porting may be varied that depends on your current carrier.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Son_Tran wrote:

Yes you can port your number over to PM, and no other charges for porting in except for the plan you select. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Son_Tran Yes, you can for free of charge. You can do it while activating or after activating with a new number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.