cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated sim, shows no service

Chase1b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my unlocked 5c from telus to PM, created account, activated sim, put referal on, then placed sim in the phone, but phone is showing no service that happened over 2 hours ago. however when doing sim activation process a generic error came up, promted me to click login button to relog in. I ended up having to recreate account but when logged in, it showed sim activated to that account, plan was there and voucher payment was there. I just have no service.  

@CS_Agent

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chase1b it looks like you've now tried all of the things the community can suggest for troubleshooting.  At this point, if you haven't already, I highly recommend you send a private message to the moderator team.  You can learn how to do so here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chase1b

Yes, I toggled it to lost, powered off phone, toggled back to found. still shows no service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chase1b wrote:

I did try and toggle the " toggle the lost phone feature and reboot the phone when toggling the feature." still shows as no service, so still unable to use phone. We did contact old carrier tho as now it shows the sim from that provider no longer works. account is active and the credits from friends referral and such are on account. I just have no service. I did message moderator and I am waiting patiently for a reply. I am starting to wonder if it is a plan glitch.

Did you also toggle it back to found? And restart again? Or more properly "Resume Service".

Chase1b

I did try and toggle the " toggle the lost phone feature and reboot the phone when toggling the feature." still shows as no service, so still unable to use phone. We did contact old carrier tho as now it shows the sim from that provider no longer works. account is active and the credits from friends referral and such are on account. I just have no service. I did message moderator and I am waiting patiently for a reply. I am starting to wonder if it is a plan glitch.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Chase1b, can you try to toggle the lost phone feature and reboot the phone when toggling the feature.  Allow a few minutes between lost phone and found phone.  If this does not recover account usage, then you will probably need the moderator team to look into things.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Chase1b

Yes I have manually select PM network, re-inserted sim card, power the phone, check IMEI phone is not blacklisted, account shows active.

The phone only needs to be unlocked if it's coming from another provider.  The original poster is coming from the parent company Telus.  No need, but good to, unlock.

bluesword
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you make sure that the iphone is unlocked ? Had the same problem transfering over from rogers with my iphone until i tried to get my phone unlocked!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Chase1b wrote:

I activated my unlocked 5c from telus to PM, created account, activated sim, put referal on, then placed sim in the phone, but phone is showing no service that happened over 2 hours ago. however when doing sim activation process a generic error came up, promted me to click login button to relog in. I ended up having to recreate account but when logged in, it showed sim activated to that account, plan was there and voucher payment was there. I just have no service. 

@Chase1b

The phone says "no service" / "emergency calls only" ? Have you tried to re-insert your sim card? It may not be seated properly. Have you rebooted the phone since activating? Do you have another phone to put that sim in? That would at least split the issues with either the service / sim or your phone. When you log into self serve "my account" does it say the words "Active" on the overview page?

Have you checked your IMEI number? Make sure that the phone has not been added to the blacklist (it happens, sometimes even by accident) https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Go into network settings is it set to "automatically select network" ? If it is, deselect it and try to do a manual network search, (it takes a few minutes be patient) what networks do you see? If you see public mobile, try connecting to it manually and report back.

Need Help? Let's chat.