cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong IMEI

ann_gulliver
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I entered a wrong number in the IMEI section, How do I change it?

10 REPLIES 10

@ann_gulliver wrote:

I will need the customer service number please

There no Customer Service phone number with Public Mobile @ann_gulliver .

Only calling that number provided already above, by dust2dust, to the Telus Porting Department (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile, so they can deal with all ports to these companies); or, submit a ticket to Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help..you can click here to begin..for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Thanks.

@ann_gulliver 

Well @dust2dust has got you all set up now. Once you authorize the port it should complete within a few minutes to about a half hour. The maximum amount of time is 2 hours as long as it's a mobile phone number not a landline or a VoIP provider number. But if after a half hour it has not completed which you will know because your old Sim card stops working and your incoming calling will be coming into your public mobile phone number then call the telus porting department phone number back to check on the status of your port in case another error was made.

I gave you a link that has the number in it.

ann_gulliver

I will need the customer service number please

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ann_gulliver 

open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to CS_Agent https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

Call the number in the link below: Give them your old account number instead. Leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer text.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Help-with-porting-my-number-from-Rogers/m-p/123686/high...

@ann_gulliver hi if you are just activating your account and porting a number it is best to use your account number remember to keep your old account active and have your old sim in phone to receive transfer request 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ann_gulliver 

If you sre porting out you will have to contact the new providers customer service or the porting department. If you are porting into public mobile you will have to contact either customer support or the telus porting department. If you need their phone number just tell us and I or another member will send you it through private messaging me.

Do you have your provider's account number? If so use that instead of your IMEI # when you contact customer support or the Telus porting department. Don't forget to leave your old providers SIM card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it.

ann_gulliver

in to public mobile

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@ann_gulliver hi are you porting a number in or out? 

Need Help? Let's chat.