cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won't send to phone number

RonCamilleri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When Public Mobile wants to verify me it sends me an email it comes right away with the code for verification... thats great.... but when it says it's sending me a code to my phone number.. and it never comes. 

Anyone else have that problem?

How do I get that fixed? 

23 REPLIES 23

AlbertStreet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How did you submit a ticket?  (Same problem)

@RonCamilleri 

Customer service agent should be able to help.  They are actual PM employees who have access to accounts.  We are just customers  like yourself offering troubleshooting advice.  

Keep us updated with what went wrong.  

RonCamilleri

can't access my profile page via phone app or computer .. .because it says I need a verification code for the Eversafe thing... and it's sending a code to my phone... but that never comes. I've submitted a ticket

RonCamilleri

no .. totally separate phones.. separate times. separate devices. The only thing in common is we share a last name.. separate addresses .. you are overthinking this... it's not a case of two phones on the same plan or line. It's two separate phone accounts. 

thanks for the suggestion.. i'll try that.

@RonCamilleri  Did you each use your on phone to create the two separate accounts? Or use same device to set up both ? If you used same device and don’t clear the app cache . It’s possible the first one worked fine and you just ported the second one in over top of the first one might be what’s happened . Best to submit ticket with support to try and straighten out 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RonCamilleri

no.. we both joined independently ... separate times.. separate emails.. two separate accounts.. with different address and different phone numbers. Shouldn't be a problem. 

@RonCamilleri wrote:

Took out the old SIM... but then was just told to put it back in.

I have a nephew as a second phone line on my account.. he switched over yesterday without a problem.. and received a message from the old carrier to verify the switch... But when I did it.. I didn't get any message from my old carrier..  so maybe the two phones switching caused a mix up? 

All I want to do is access my profile page... I don't know what this "Eversafe ID" is... did I get it? 

why can't I speak to someone to trouble shoot this? 

Basically just eliminate the need to send to my phone.. just send code to my email.. why the second level? 

I need to go in to my account to see if it was completed. 

@RonCamilleri 

I think that your account is mixed up with your nephew.  As mentioned, with Public mobile, each phone number/plan needs its own separate email addresss login.  

If you did not receive a text confirmation, your port likely did not complete.  Your account was not set up properly.  You will need to contact customer service agent.  

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Expect a couple hours wait for CSA to respond.  Check your private message inbox for response.  Envelop icon on upper right corner of website. 

RonCamilleri

We don't .. that was with Rogers in Canada.. he was my second line.... we just both quit Rogers and both of us have independently joined Public Mobile as separate accounts.. but mine is having this problem. 

RonCamilleri

It says:

"We've noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access"  a 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to phone number. We will need you to confirm this number. 

Why does this never show up? 

@RonCamilleri  You can’t have two lines on the same account , each phone number /account needs its own email 

RonCamilleri

Took out the old SIM... but then was just told to put it back in.

I have a nephew as a second phone line on my account.. he switched over yesterday without a problem.. and received a message from the old carrier to verify the switch... But when I did it.. I didn't get any message from my old carrier..  so maybe the two phones switching caused a mix up? 

All I want to do is access my profile page... I don't know what this "Eversafe ID" is... did I get it? 

why can't I speak to someone to trouble shoot this? 

Basically just eliminate the need to send to my phone.. just send code to my email.. why the second level? 

I need to go in to my account to see if it was completed. 

@RonCamilleri wrote:

yes I still have the sim card in my phone.. but my phone clearly says Public Mobile as the carrier now. 

Is this something I have to call my prevous carrier about? 

Why can't Public Mobile send me a phone text? I can send and receive texts to others... 

@RonCamilleri 

Did you active with eSIM for Public mobile?  When you say have the SIM card in my phone?  Which SIM card?  Old carrier or Public mobile.  If old carrier, remove the SIM card.

Nothing to do with the old carrier.  We are trying to troubleshoot just to make sure that the port was completed properly.  If you old carrier SIM card was still active, that means the port was not completed properly.  

RonCamilleri

I can't get to that page

RonCamilleri

yes I still have the sim card in my phone.. but my phone clearly says Public Mobile as the carrier now. 

Is this something I have to call my prevous carrier about? 

Why can't Public Mobile send me a phone text? I can send and receive texts to others... 

@RonCamilleri wrote:

I get this message: 

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.
A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to
phone number
. We will need you to confirm this number. ... 

so then I expect the code to show up.. it never does and I can't access my profile 

@RonCamilleri 

Looks like that you can't access your profile.  I assume that you completed your activation via the PM app.  Correct?  

If you still have your old carrier's SIM card, try to insert in your phone.  See whether the old carrier SIM card is still active.  

HI @RonCamilleri 

you sure you can receive calls from Non-PM network?  Usually if you cannot receive the confirmation text, it it because port was not completed.

But maybe ask CS agent to confirm if porting is done and why you are not getting the code.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:

@RonCamilleri wrote:

Yes, brand new customer.. yesterday.. just ported everything over... I can receive calls, phone out texting .. the whole works.... and my phone already says Public Mobile as the carrier... and I can sign in to the page via my email.. it sends me a code to my email.. that works great.. but then it also again sends me a second code to my phone.. and that never comes. 

@RonCamilleri 

Then are you able to access your self service account?  If you are able to access, then go to profile section and check your everSafe identity information.  Click on Manage Eversafe ID. You should be able to see the cell number on file for everSafe.  

Pasted Graphic 1.png

RonCamilleri

oh I've done that.. When I sign in... It sends me a code to my email.. that works great.. but then I get a message:

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.
phone number . We will need you to confirm this number.

and thats as far as I can go... the code never comes .. so I can't access my profile 

RonCamilleri

I get this message: 

phone number
. We will need you to confirm this number. ... 

so then I expect the code to show up.. it never does and I can't access my profile 

RonCamilleri

I've had them resend it a dozen times.. it never shows up.. 

RonCamilleri

Yes, brand new customer.. yesterday.. just ported everything over... I can receive calls, phone out texting .. the whole works.... and my phone already says Public Mobile as the carrier... and I can sign in to the page via my email.. it sends me a code to my email.. that works great.. but then it also again sends me a second code to my phone.. and that never comes. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RonCamilleri  You can try and tap “didn’t get code “ option and that should give you the option to send code to email instead . Once in your account go to profile page and ensure ever safe has the correct number listed to send code to . If still no-luck get support to help 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RonCamilleri 

First, are you a new customer?  If new customer, did you recently port over a phone number?  If ported number, are you able to receive phone calls and texts?  Just want to make sure first not a porting issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.