xiaohanl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

currently my plan includes below features and costs me $81 for 90 days

• - Talk and Text (Grandfathered)
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

However, on the PM webpage, this plan is only $75

Why there is a price difference? Can I get the discount price for $75?

Please check and advise

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

xiaohanl

Thank you!

galaxyunlock

there may be two different play 81$ and 75 dollar. so again check whether both plan are same or both plan are diffrent for mobile.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xiaohanl

The plan is still eligible of for auto-pay and loyalty rewards - all good.

xiaohanl

@wetcoaster @Taekgun

Thank you for your explaination 

I just wondering if this new $75 plan are eligible for autopay discount and loyalty discount.

Currently I enjoyed $2 auto-pay discount and $3 loyalty discount on my current plan. I don't want to loose it

Thanks again

xiaohanl

Thanks all of your replies

I will change my plan for future date

@Taekgun wrote:

@wetcoaster

Got that!  Guess I haven't seen "grandfathered" tag in self-serve - makes sense.  Either way, a better deal today for you @xiaohanl - definitely future-date you plan.

@Taekgun

I think there is a lack of consistency with those labels. "grandfathered" is definitely less confusing than "expired" for the same plan status. We get questions about that on a somewhat regular basis about that. (and yes, there is more than one suggestion about that in the lab...)

Taekgun

@wetcoaster

Got that!  Guess I haven't seen "grandfathered" tag in self-serve - makes sense.  Either way, a better deal today for you @xiaohanl - definitely future-date your plan.

@Taekgun

Talk & Text for $81 was a promo this spring - as is nicely illustrated in @Someone_here's chart, regular pricing for provincial talk and text only was $105 until the pricing updates two weeks ago. Since the special pricing is not available anymore it's considered "grandfathered" - the plan can be renewed at the same price but once you decide to change plans it is no longer available to you (same as any data promo, some are just labeled differently).

@xiaohanl

In this particular case, the new regular pricing is less than the promo you originally signed up for. It's up to you as a consumer to pick up on this and take the according steps:

Since PM is a prepaid service, you will not get a refund on the remaining part of your current plan. Go into your self-serve account, choose the according option on the "change plan" page and click "change on next renewal date".

You can change any plan you want from your current old plan(grand father plan).

However if you changed, you wont have the old plan.  

Also if you dontt need the changes immediately, make it a future change on your future billing cycle.,  There is no refund for public mobile prepaid service.

@Taekgun wrote:

With that said, you can log into self serve and change your plan to the $75/90 days so you will get the new price when your term is up <---- definitely do this ASAP.

Be sure to chose a future dated plan change, and not to change it right away.

@Taekgun wrote:

Also, what do you mean by "talk and text - (grandfathered)"?

That's how this $81 plan is described by PM in the selfserve.

Taekgun

@xiaohanl

There was new pricing that came out to PM in the middle of September, which offered a few more options and would have changed the cost of the plan you're on compared to when you signed up  (which I'm assuming was sometime over the summer due to the price you listed at $81/90 days)

There won't be a discount offered to you are PM is a pre-paid service and that was what the plan cost at the time you selected your plan.  With that said, you can log into self serve and change your plan to the $75/90 days for province-wide calling and text so you will get the new price when your term is up <---- definitely do this ASAP.  There also may be another option that's now available to you as there are a few more to choose from if you want various data amounts.

Also, what do you mean by "talk and text - (grandfathered)"?

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.