cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens to $5 - 500 mins add on if.....

9R3W4L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My dad's phone is on the $10 plan with $5-500 mins add on. He is going out of the country for 4-5 months.

1. What will happen to $5 - 500 mins add on ( about 350 mins leftover) if I suspend his line for 90 days (really 88 days) to keep the number. Does this add on still stays as long as the number is active or lost as soon as you don't renew every 30 days?

2. Also, would I still be able to keep $10 plan is I make the payment before the account is completely closed by PM?

11 REPLIES 11

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser wrote:

Yup I did suggest for long term absence, but only if you remove your credit card and let your plan expire then you must make sure you get back to it 115 days after your last successful renewal, it's easier to think of it that way since if you want to repeat it you will again come back in another 115 day.

Of course if you are reporting it lost it's the whole other story. That's why I had to correct myself

I guess we should always underline 90 days from suspention.

Agree.  I think it is better to check the top of overview page after login.  It will tell the account holder when is the last day of reactivation. 

I will say it again,  Don't wait until the last hour on the last day to reactivate your plan.  Reactivate account a few days early.

Yup I did suggest for long term absence, but only if you remove your credit card and let your plan expire then you must make sure you get back to it 115 days after your last successful renewal, it's easier to think of it that way since if you want to repeat it you will again come back in another 115 day.

Of course if you are reporting it lost it's the whole other story. That's why I had to correct myself

I guess we should always underline 90 days from suspention.

popping

@Luddite wrote:

@popping et al FYI: be careful recommending the 120 days since last payment combined with suspending service to avoid using Available Funds. I understand that the 90 days begins the moment service is suspended for any reason.

@Luddite 

I am not the one who was talking about the 120 days. OP @9R3W4L and @totalUser did.  I just warn OP that don't wait for the last minutes to reactivation a suspended plan.

@popping et al FYI: be careful recommending the 120 days since last payment combined with suspending service to avoid using Available Funds. I understand that the 90 days begins the moment service is suspended for any reason.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For a $10 plan ($8 or less after credits), is it really worth it to play these games. I would just keep the plan going. 

popping

@9R3W4L wrote:

Cool thank you for reminding about bonus data.

So the last payment made to the account was Nov 20. So it will 115 days (technically 120 days) from this date before the account is closed?

I will not wait until the last day to reactivate a suspended plan as PM server is unpredictable.  What if the reactivation last day is also the last day of a big PM promo.  PM server will be jammed with people want to activate a plan before promo expiry.  If you missed the reactivation last day, it will cost you extra $10 SIM card + $5/m since the $10 plan is no longer offered. 

@9R3W4L wrote:

So the last payment made to the account was Nov 20. So it will 115 days (technically 120 days) from this date before the account is closed?

Yes it's 120 days, but give yourself 5 to contact moderators to deal with any issue if it arises, you don't want to do it the last days as during heavy workload the response time may be more than 3 days.

popping

@9R3W4L 

Yes, you will keep the $10 plan and add-on minutes as long as you reactivate your account within 90 days after suspension.

Please note that your loyalty reward will be delayed for the same number of days that your account is on suspension.

9R3W4L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@9R3W4L wrote:

My dad's phone is on the $10 plan with $5-500 mins add on. He is going out of the country for 4-5 months.

1. What will happen to $5 - 500 mins add on ( about 350 mins leftover) if I suspend his line for 90 days (really 88 days) to keep the number. Does this add on still stays as long as the number is active or lost as soon as you don't renew every 30 days?

2. Also, would I still be able to keep $10 plan is I make the payment before the account is completely closed by PM?

Hi @9R3W4L 

To make sure you don't lose the account and everything on it come back 115 days after his last renewal to pay for one more cycle and again 115 days after that, keep doing it till he's back

If the account gets shot down he will lose those extra minutes and he will not be able to get that plan again, it's discontinued: (

Also don't forget to pickup the gift from public mobile. Login and purchase 400 minutes for $0 and 1gig of data for $0. It's only about 5-6 days left to claim those. 

Cheers

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

1. Yes, the add-on minutes remain in the account until they are depleted.

2. yes

Need Help? Let's chat.